Happy Atheist Forum

Why God?

Sandra Craft

• Surprisingly OK
Re: Why Atheism?
« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2020, 01:15:28 AM »
And people really believes this tripe? I knew that some conspiracy theories were way out there but this one takes the cake.

It's no more stupid than believing 5G causes Covid 19.  But then the idiots will believe almost anything it seems...

Drop bears?

Yeah, but Drop Bears are REAL!!! ::)

Can confirm, Bluenose showed me a picture of one!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

• The wise one.
Re: Why God?
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2020, 12:27:17 AM »
God plays around with his toys about this time of year.  An annual phenomena is called the Christmas Star.  It is an unusually bright object in the sky. Christians see it as a sign of............whatever they want it to be.

It is not a star at all. It is the conjunction of two planets, Saturn and Jupiter.   This year, on or about December 21 the "star" will be as near a perfect conjunction as has happened in 800 years.  One planet will hide neatly behind the other and together they will produce a brilliant image in the southern sky.  ( southern sky....depending where you are on our pale blue marble)

Astrology types might become flummoxed

Recusant

• Miscreant Erendrake
  • infidel barbarian
« Reply #212 on: July 15, 2021, 10:43:45 PM »
Thread split here. For commentary speculating on atheism as an unrecognised disability and responses thereto see the Anteroom board. Or not.  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 10:59:51 PM by Recusant »
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

• Curmudgeon
« Reply #213 on: July 15, 2021, 10:52:38 PM »
 :???: I figure that the Dump for Crazy Troll Posts would be the destination.  ;)

Recusant

• Miscreant Erendrake
  • infidel barbarian
« Reply #214 on: July 15, 2021, 11:03:12 PM »
Nobody expects the Anteroom.  :snicker1:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

No one

« Reply #215 on: July 15, 2021, 11:27:06 PM »
Tank likes the anteroom, too bad you can't torquemada moving threads there.