News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Video Links

Started by SSY, January 27, 2010, 11:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSY

So, when people post a video and run, I see the current policy is remove the link unless they participate in the next day or so. Imho, perhaps it would be better to remove the link, and then if they come back, put the link back? I think this way, it sends a clearer message to stop spam, and still gives people the opportunity to come back and contribute if they want to. If this is put in the rules thread, then it is clear, out there, and people would have no recourse to get indignant, as they did not read the rules.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Whitney

if I remove the link I won't remember what it was to put it back.  The only purpose of removing the hyperlink is so they don't get help with their page rank...if people want to copy and paste it into their browser they can go ahead.

Rules updated to be more clear about spam:  viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1522&p=18210#p18210