News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

HAF Hosting and Domain Fees

Started by Recusant, May 13, 2017, 11:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

For any of you who want to contribute toward defraying the expenses of running HAF for another year, the place to do it is paypal.me/WhitneyFord.

While the fees aren't huge, members have previously shown willingness to help ensure that this place keeps afloat rather than depending on Whitney to cover them, even though she's willing to do that. Nobody is obliged to contribute. The benefit of doing so is limited to personal satisfaction since we don't make any public acknowledgements of the individual contributors, and the active staff won't know who contributed.

Still, I'll say thank you in advance. I'm glad HAF is still around; it's a fine little place and that's all due to the sterling members of this site.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Thanks, Res, I will certainly be contributing.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

I would be happy to contribute but, unoirtunstely, I don't have a Paypal account.

If there is another way let me know, Res.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Gloucester on May 14, 2017, 08:35:53 AM
I would be happy to contribute but, unoirtunstely, I don't have a Paypal account.

If you're up for it you can transfer your contribution to me and I'll pass it through my paypal account. If you want to do this I'll PM you my personal email and we can pass details that way.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on May 14, 2017, 09:13:06 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on May 14, 2017, 08:35:53 AM

If you're up for it you can transfer your contribution to me and I'll pass it through my paypal account. If you want to do this I'll PM you my personal email and we can pass details that way.
OK, Tank, can do a bank transfer.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

OldGit

I've also sent a bit.  Good for Whitney!

Recusant

:notworthy: Thank you so much to all who've contributed so far!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on May 19, 2017, 04:15:31 PM
:notworthy: Thank you so much to all who've contributed so far!
There is some more to come. Do we have a value for the remainder?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Recusant

Quote from: Tank on May 19, 2017, 05:48:08 PMThere is some more to come. Do we have a value for the remainder?

I'll get in touch with Whitney and see what she has to say about that.
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on May 19, 2017, 06:04:52 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 19, 2017, 05:48:08 PMThere is some more to come. Do we have a value for the remainder?

I'll get in touch with Whitney and see what she has to say about that.
Ok. Drop me a PM. I have a contribution from another member on its way as well.

Dragonia

So approximately how much does a year of operating expenses cost? Are we talking a hundred or a thousand, or what?
I guess I never think about costs of keeping a website up and going, but this lovely little corner of the internet is worth supporting.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Tank

Quote from: Dragonia on May 22, 2017, 02:15:41 PM
So approximately how much does a year of operating expenses cost? Are we talking a hundred or a thousand, or what?
I guess I never think about costs of keeping a website up and going, but this lovely little corner of the internet is worth supporting.
A little over $100 a year.

Dragonia

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Icarus

DO we still need funds after the transfer of  ownership?  If so I will be pleased to contribute a modest amount.