News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

The "foe" list

Started by Heretical Rants, May 29, 2009, 02:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretical Rants

I was rather surprised when I discovered that the "foe" list was indeed a more interesting way to say "ignore" list.

I had thought it would be something more along the lines of a subscription to people you wanted to argue with.  :D

Jolly Sapper

That sounds like the scene from Fight Club where the narrator and Tyler Durden are discussing which historical figures they'd like to have a fist fight with.

Heretical Rants

Quote from: "Jolly Sapper"That sounds like the scene from Fight Club where the narrator and Tyler Durden are discussing which historical figures they'd like to have a fist fight with.
Abe Lincoln, when he was young.

Definitely.

curiosityandthecat

Shatner. I'd fight William Shatner.
-Curio

Whitney

Quote from: "hobo child"I had thought it would be something more along the lines of a subscription to people you wanted to argue with.  :D

Well, even the friends list doesn't give you a subscription...it just puts them in shortcuts so you can pm them easily.

I can't think of any way to set up subscriptions based on users that wouldn't require a tone of coding I don't know how to do.  You could  bookmark their profile and check it regularly.   ;)

Heretical Rants

Meh, it's not like this forum is so fast-paced I can't keep up with it anyway.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Heretical Rants"Meh, it's not like this forum is so fast-paced I can't keep up with it anyway.
Unless I'm bored at work and a troll happens to be logged on at the same time.  lol
-Curio

xSilverPhinx

I actually think it's a good feature. Having had a bunch of nasty people collectively harass me online at another forum and feeling really pissed off about it, this sort of thing will come in handy should they follow me here.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Whitney

Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"I actually think it's a good feature. Having had a bunch of nasty people collectively harass me online at another forum and feeling really pissed off about it, this sort of thing will come in handy should they follow me here.

I have a feeling tht they would get banned quickly if they came here.  :D