News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Targeted individuals

Started by viocjit, February 25, 2019, 02:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viocjit

Who know this conspiracy theory explained on RationalWiki ? https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Targeted_Individuals

People claiming being targeted are fun because they say irrational things even if their delusion isn't fun.

Recusant

I've encountered this sort of delusion at least a couple of times. Of these, the most persistent is somebody who's been posting about his persecution by US government entities for more than ten years on multiple sites. Perhaps it's amusing when first encountered, but I pity the fellow I'm talking about, and I pity his wife even more.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

viocjit

Quote from: Recusant on February 25, 2019, 04:44:43 PM
I've encountered this sort of delusion at least a couple of times. Of these, the most persistent is somebody who's been posting about his persecution by US government entities for more than ten years on multiple sites. Perhaps it's amusing when first encountered, but I pity the fellow I'm talking about, and I pity his wife even more.

We can suppose that many of them don't work when we constate they can write long text nearly everyday or / and post a dozen of messages everyday.
For those who don't work. Where can they find money ?

Icarus

My best lifelong friend, shrewd business man, Princeton graduate, and all around practical man, went to hell in a hand basket. For some mysterious reason he morphed into a dedicated conspiracy theorist. I mourn the loss of my most admired friend.  He is now so fucked up that he is almost unrecognizable. Something went far amiss in his brain chemistry.   

Icarus

Here is a news flash that concerns the origin of conspiracy theories.  It appears that the internet and its widespread reach has the capacity to poison the minds of the less sophisticated. https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/20/2020-candidates-social-media-attack-1176018

viocjit

Quote from: Icarus on February 26, 2019, 11:35:35 PM
My best lifelong friend, shrewd business man, Princeton graduate, and all around practical man, went to hell in a hand basket. For some mysterious reason he morphed into a dedicated conspiracy theorist. I mourn the loss of my most admired friend.  He is now so fucked up that he is almost unrecognizable. Something went far amiss in his brain chemistry.

Does he pretend to be a targeted individual ?

xSilverPhinx

Just seems like normal paranoia to me. :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

viocjit

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 26, 2019, 01:08:02 PM
Just seems like normal paranoia to me. :notsure:

The problem is they are contaminating others people.

Davin

I've been targeted by an evil conspiracy. They want to get me to hate people that drive trucks, but I refuse, no matter how many fake truck drivers they have go around cutting people off, or driving way to too slow, or blocking traffic or waiting until the last ten feet to merge just to get a few cars ahead, or red lining the truck after going over a speed bump just to get back up to 30 mph, or pulls into a right turn lane and blocks people trying to turn so that they can gun it and cut back into the straight lane in the front, or speeds up to stop people from merging onto the freeway even if they're getting off the freeway, or practically stops before making a turn...

The conspiracy runs deep.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.