News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Petrol head thread!!!

Started by billy rubin, October 29, 2019, 10:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

in the past when switches go bad i have jusr wired my vehicles with on/off toggles and pushbuttons for starting.

keys arent necessary for my old motorcycles as nobody these days knows how to start them

more people have been to berlin than i have

Asmodean

Yeah... These days, however, keys do all sorts of weirdness, like remote-open doors and trunks, toggle alarms and what have you. It's all them microelectronics.

Nice when everything works - expensive the moment it doesn't.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

ive never been impressed by "features." mopst of my vehicles come to me with well over 100,000 miles on them to start with, and by that time lots of the electronics no longerfunction.

key features, or electronic traction, or ABS. im happy if the windows go up and down and th eheater works. everything else is negotiable.

more people have been to berlin than i have

Asmodean

It's negotiable in my world as well. However, I have a tendency to fix everything that was broken at the time of purchase.

My most-difficult-to-let-go-list, beyond the getting from A to B part is as follows, in descending order;

Cruise control
Climate control
Bluetooth audio
Bluetooth phone
Satellite navigation
Adaptive lights
Electric windows

Stuff like ABS is a must by law, if the car had it when new. ESP... Don't much care for that, as I usually perform better than it on ice.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dark Lightning

My big dumb truck has none of that ^ stuff. I think that 4 wheel ABS with disc brakes would be a good upgrade, though I've already installed disc brakes on the front. I use paper maps...j/k, my wife has some yappy direction finding app that she just can't leave alone when we're going somewhere.  ::)