News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Round 2 — HAF Photo Challenge Poll

Started by Recusant, June 23, 2021, 08:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

We had "Round" as a theme about a year ago, but when Randy chose it for the next theme, I didn't hesitate to run with it. Wide latitude is the idea here, and there certainly isn't a rule against repeating a theme.

I'm sorry Randy isn't around to see these photos.    :-\

Thank you to all who submitted photos. Please PM me ASAP if I've missed any entries, or otherwise made a mistake in setting this poll.

Members may vote for up to six entries and can change their votes.  :smokin cool:

1. Magdalena

2. xSilverPhinx

3. Tank

4. Bad Penny II

5. hermes2015

6. Lark

7. Recusant

8. Magdalena

9. Tank

10. Bad Penny II

11. hermes2015

12. Lark

13. Recusant

14. Magdalena

15. Tank

16. Bad Penny II

17. hermes2015

18. Lark

19. Recusant

20. Tank

21. Bad Penny II

22. hermes2015

23. Lark

24. Recusant

25. Tank

26. Bad Penny II

27. Lark

28. Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on June 23, 2021, 04:50:12 PM
Some cracking photos!

I agree, there are some really interesting ones.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

Only a few days left in which to vote.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Some imaginative and well executed photos here.  One of them, number 16, has a range of focus that is impressive.

Too many good ones to choose from................. I will go with ......

16, 3, 26, 14, 4, 19.  (and all the others too)

Recusant

:secrets1:  It looks like you didn't cast those votes, though.
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Oops!  Forgot to post my choices properly.  :-[

Recusant

The thread got bumped a couple of extra times, so all to the good. Thank you, Icarus:thumbsup:
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

Congratulations to the dual winners of this edition of the HAF photo challenge: xSilverPhinx and Tank.

A sincere thank you to all who submitted photos, to all who voted, and a posthumous thanks to Randy for his choice of theme. 

:brava:             :bravo:

Choice of the next theme will have to be worked out between the two victors--I'm willing to do the work on it if convenient or wished.
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Congratulations on your great photos, xSilverPhinx and Tank. It seems that dogs and self-portraits are sure-fire winners.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Congratulations, xSilverPhinx and Tank.
I voted for those ones.  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

:woohoo!:

Thanks, all!  :grouphug: And congrats to Tank as well! :grin: This edition, as always, had great photos and which ones to vote for was a tough decision!

I'll let Tank decide on the next theme or whether to pass the bastion to someone else.  ;D I'm hardly creative enough to come up with something good. :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 19, 2021, 05:55:10 PM
:woohoo!:

Thanks, all!  :grouphug: And congrats to Tank as well! :grin: This edition, as always, had great photos and which ones to vote for was a tough decision!

I'll let Tank decide on the next theme or whether to pass the bastion to someone else.  ;D I'm hardly creative enough to come up with something good. :P

I'll have a think :)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Lark

When is the new photo challenge subject appearing, please?  :)

Tank

Quote from: Lark on August 23, 2021, 08:01:05 PM
When is the new photo challenge subject appearing, please?  :)

Ha! You get to choose the subject! :D