News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What are you drinking now?

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 25, 2020, 03:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Randy on December 30, 2020, 01:17:21 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 29, 2020, 12:49:52 AM
Budweiser. I may make it to three 12-ounce bottles. Yeah, I'm a cheap date. :shrug:
My father was a manager at a fast food restaurant and well loved by his employees. He came home one Christmas eve with boxes upon boxes of Budweiser. I had to help him get them out of the trunk. We opened one each and said "Merry Christmas!" Ah the good old days.

I was never a big fan of Budweiser but free beer is free beer so I'll take it.

I've been a consumer of Sam Adams Boston Lager for a long time. Sometime in the last few months, I lost my taste for it and switched to Bud. :shrug: I don't drink all that much of it. For example, I didn't drink any alcohol for about 10 days in the last month. Just one of those things?

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 30, 2020, 02:57:55 AM
Quote from: Randy on December 30, 2020, 01:17:21 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 29, 2020, 12:49:52 AM
Budweiser. I may make it to three 12-ounce bottles. Yeah, I'm a cheap date. :shrug:
My father was a manager at a fast food restaurant and well loved by his employees. He came home one Christmas eve with boxes upon boxes of Budweiser. I had to help him get them out of the trunk. We opened one each and said "Merry Christmas!" Ah the good old days.

I was never a big fan of Budweiser but free beer is free beer so I'll take it.

I've been a consumer of Sam Adams Boston Lager for a long time
. Sometime in the last few months, I lost my taste for it and switched to Bud. :shrug: I don't drink all that much of it. For example, I didn't drink any alcohol for about 10 days in the last month. Just one of those things?

Sam Adams was my beer of choice when I visited the states.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

To celebrate surviving 2020, my wife and I had a shot of Johnny Walker Blue.  To ring in 2021, we will have a glass of La Grande Dame, a brut from Veuve Clicquot, Reims, France.

Dark Lightning

My wife's tipping up a cocktail glass with Tia Maria coffee liqueur in it. I won't indulge in that because of potential caffeine issues. She says that it's really sweet, which is another reason for me to avoid it. I'm sipping on a nice cold beer. We'll both be in bed by 9 PM. We're real party animals!  :yes!: :cheerleader:

billy rubin

where i come from 9pm is called quaker midnight.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Sandra Craft

Hot tea with milk and sugar.  Same as last time, I believe.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

It depends on the time... :notsure: Wine, right now...
A beer with the fish tacos...
Champagne at midnight to celebrate...

Alka Seltzer® in the morning...

But very happy to have been part of this group one more year, and I hope, more years to come.  :cheers:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on January 01, 2021, 12:33:53 AM
where i come from 9pm is called quaker midnight.

I've always been an early riser, so to bed early (by parental edict). My wife and I both don't stay up late. It took me 6.5 years to get a 4 year degree, because I worked for a living, even though I had the GI Bill. When I graduated uni and got an engineering job, I had weekends free. Kind of weird, because in my uni years, I was at school, at work, or asleep. I managed to somehow find my wife in the middle of that (I spotted her in our Modern Physics class, and swooped in for the kill. There were 4 woman physics majors, and she had the goods!- one was married, and the other two were...kinda crazy). I went from the Dean's list but had a 2.0 GPA that semester.  :???: I also had a '64 Chevrolet convertible hot rod that got 12 MPG. It was cheaper to marry her than drive all the miles back and forth to her place! :lol:

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Magdalena on January 01, 2021, 01:49:50 AM

But very happy to have been part of this group one more year, and I hope, more years to come.  :cheers:

:cheers: Fish tacos look good about now, but one of my sons is grilling some tri-tip for dinner, and I ain't throwing that over. Maybe tomorrow, on the tacos.

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 01, 2021, 02:02:07 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 01, 2021, 01:49:50 AM

:cheers: Fish tacos look good about now, but one of my sons is grilling some tri-tip for dinner, and I ain't throwing that over. Maybe tomorrow, on the tacos.
:let'seat:

It's 11:53 PM in L A, when will 2020 end!?  :Gaah:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Ah well let's see... I'm drinking Butter Toffee flavored coffee with French Vanilla creamer. With my taste buds out of whack (thanks chemo) it probably doesn't taste like it should. But I like it and that's all that matters. :grin:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

So far, one St. Arnold's Christmas Ale for lunch, with plans to finish off the champagne this afternoon, watch some football (handegg, for the Brits), and then sip on the Copper Run blended whiskey I brought in Missouri later.  Good start to the New Year.  And my wife is cooking cornbread to go with our black-eyed peas, flavored with bacon, for later.

Randy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 01, 2021, 06:57:06 PM
So far, one St. Arnold's Christmas Ale for lunch, with plans to finish off the champagne this afternoon, watch some football (handegg, for the Brits), and then sip on the Copper Run blended whiskey I brought in Missouri later.  Good start to the New Year.  And my wife is cooking cornbread to go with our black-eyed peas, flavored with bacon, for later.
That is a good southern meal anytime. My parents were at best lower middle class I suppose but they couldn't afford much. So we ate like that a lot just as you described it.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Randy on January 01, 2021, 07:53:30 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 01, 2021, 06:57:06 PM
That is a good southern meal anytime. My parents were at best lower middle class I suppose but they couldn't afford much. So we ate like that a lot just as you described it.

Yep, any kind of legume and hot, buttered cornbread is good.