News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What are you drinking now?

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 25, 2020, 03:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Mezcal is Spanish for jet fuel.  Never acquired a taste for it, though I tried.

billy rubin

the only variety around here is monte alban

not much opportunityto experiment.

perhaps theres a genetic thing in there it tastes very good to me. pretty dry. sweet tastes drive me away, so bourbons and such are anathema to me

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

Inspired by Bruce's review of French wines I will review what I am currently drinking as well.

Filtered tap water.

This almost transparent liquid is so cheap it's almost free, which is makes it perfect for drinking at little cost. A word of caution though, drink in moderation so as not to upset the balance. If you must binge drink water, make sure to sweat and urinate plenty in advance and plenty after. But not too much. We are already about 70% water on a good day, and that balance must be maintained.

This liquid is mostly lacking in taste and odour, save when you can detect a slight metallic tinge due to tap residue. If you have especially sensitive taste buds, I recommend you do not drink water from plastic cups for it will taste of plastic. It is the drink of choice for a hot day, and can be mixed with a variety of juices. Do not serve warm unless in tea or coffee.

I give it a 5 out of 10. Taste-wise, as average as they come.

(Rating may change based on how thirsty I am)     
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

my water tastes of sulphur because of the pyrites in tbe coal seams my uncased well passes through

in oklahoma my family' s limestone well water was so hard that it had a dominant taste of calcium and magnesium carbonate

i loved that water

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 02, 2021, 01:41:23 PM
Inspired by Bruce's review of French wines I will review what I am currently drinking as well.

Filtered tap water.

This almost transparent liquid is so cheap it's almost free, which is makes it perfect for drinking at little cost. A word of caution though, drink in moderation so as not to upset the balance. If you must binge drink water, make sure to sweat and urinate plenty in advance and plenty after. But not too much. We are already about 70% water on a good day, and that balance must be maintained.

This liquid is mostly lacking in taste and odour, save when you can detect a slight metallic tinge due to tap residue. If you have especially sensitive taste buds, I recommend you do not drink water from plastic cups for it will taste of plastic. It is the drink of choice for a hot day, and can be mixed with a variety of juices. Do not serve warm unless in tea or coffee.

Now you are making fun of me.  Makes me want to drink.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 02, 2021, 04:24:30 PM

Filtered tap water.

Heheh! Next up, how to turn tap water into a nice Bordeaux.  Stay tuned.  ;D

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 02, 2021, 04:47:02 PM

Filtered tap water.

JC beat you to it.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 02, 2021, 05:55:03 PM

Filtered tap water.

JC beat you to it.

Nobody has replicated his water-to-wine methodology in 2000 years so there is something fundamentally wrong. :snooty:

billy rubin

i turn wine into water whenever i drink it.

nobody is impressed

Dark Lightning

UNfiltered tap water...nectar of the gods.  :D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on March 02, 2021, 08:37:00 PM
UNfiltered tap water...nectar of the gods.  :D

Results may vary in different countries, but 'round here if you want to large traces of dirt and FSM knows what else with your nectar, sure!  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Next up, how to turn tap water into a nice Bordeaux.  Stay tuned.  ;D

Ok! Here's a step-by-step on how to turn a glass containing tap water into a glass containing legit French wine instead, especially for an audience:

1) Fill a glass with water.
2) Fill an identical glass with the French wine of your choice. Don't let anybody see you do this. Hide the glass.
3) Now this is important: get a partner to distract the crowd, preferably with a loud noise, so that they look in the opposite direction.
4) Quickly switch the glass of water for the glass of wine.

If done correctly you will reap all the awe and admiration. It's likely you will be called a witch, and there is a chance someone will see what you did and try to alert the crowd, but if that happens you can always turn them into a newt.

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 02, 2021, 09:27:40 PM
Next up, how to turn tap water into a nice Bordeaux.  Stay tuned.  ;D

Ok! Here's a step-by-step on how to turn a glass containing tap water into a glass containing legit French wine instead, especially for an audience:

1) Fill a glass with water.
2) Fill an identical glass with the French wine of your choice. Don't let anybody see you do this. Hide the glass.
3) Now this is important: get a partner to distract the crowd, preferably with a loud noise, so that they look in the opposite direction.
4) Quickly switch the glass of water for the glass of wine.

If done correctly you will reap all the awe and admiration. It's likely you will be called a witch, and there is a chance someone will see what you did and try to alert the crowd, but if that happens you can always turn them into a newt.
If you use a Riesling they won't know the difference, :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Sandra Craft

Canada Dry Ginger Ale, the new Bold style.  It does have an extra strong fizz at the back of the throat.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Randy

Coffee - a breakfast blend with vanilla caramel creamer. I think my caregiver overdid the creamer however.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg