News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

A B17 just flew in

Started by Gawen, November 03, 2011, 08:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: Gawen on November 05, 2011, 12:20:55 PM
...So the Bell makes a near perfect landing, has more than enough time to get the passengers out, with the crew's luggage, only to stand near the plane wondering why the fire trucks stand at the edge of the field!

Seems the fire folks would rather let a 2.5 million dollar artifact go up in flames than rather one of their fire trucks POSSIBLY stuck in the field. Nevermind the faulty fire department logic of seeing a 38,000 pound airplane on 2 wheels make a perfect landing and not mired in the mud. Idiots.

I hadn't heard that detail. I can only imagine the frustration of the crew as they stood there with fire equipment not far off doing nothing. Inexcusable!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

McQ

Awesome photos and videos! The sound of those beautiful engines is beyond ecstasy. This thread is a total treat for gear heads, pilots, history buffs and people who are not dead!  ;)

Thanks!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

Quote from: McQ on November 05, 2011, 08:32:17 PM
Awesome photos and videos! The sound of those beautiful engines is beyond ecstasy. This thread is a total treat for gear heads, pilots, history buffs and people who are not dead!  ;)

Thanks!

And given the people who have responded to this thread a penis would appear to be a prerequisite so far  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.