Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

I get to go to the gym today.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 05, 2021, 01:28:30 PM
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man is much more accessible.

i had s roommatevwho read finnegans wake, and actually understtod it.

or so he said.

set the function, not the mechanism.

billy rubin

dammit

almost broke my stinking leg. sprained it seriosly instead.

i couldnt find the grumble thread to complain about how much it hurts, so im posting in the cheerful thread instead because it hurts but isnt broken

i was hooking up the motorcycle trailer to the farm truck to load the bikes onto it

wont have time in two weeks, itll be blow and go then

and tbe 200 pound tongue weight shifted in my grip and pushed me over, applying all its force sideways to my knee

.the one i already messed up falling down on my daughters 250 ninja.

luckily i was able to fall almost as fast as the trailer frame bent my knee sideways, so i lay on the ground saying to myself

self, did you just accomplish the stupidest thing you have done yet this year?

and lo, it came to pass that i gotteth away with it, as my knee is now half again its normal size, and bends 10 degrees more than it did in the wrong directions

but indded appears not to be broken.

i am not irish, but i seem to have their luck.

so i am limping about like chester in gunsmoke, and only crying out in pain when im pretty sure nobody is there to hear me, and after all i dont have to have high functioning legs to race a motorcycle

so i am cheerful, in the end

but shit my knee hurts anyway

Ecurb Noselrub

I  am cheerful that you survived, billy rubin, and that you were not injured worse.

Dark Lightning

Icarus

You did not say which leg Billy.....The shifter side or the brake side?   Heres hoping that you will recover quickly and completely.

billy rubin

yes. i messed upmy right knee, the one id already messed up once.

its the shifter side, on the right. theres no foot brake--i use a lever on the right handlebar to run a disc brake on the back. no front brake at all.

thank heavens i use a handheld starter off the crankshaft. if i had to kickstart this thing i dont think i could do it. but shifting should be okay-- ive converted it to GP style, so all i have to do is push the gearbox lever down to upshift. three shifts and its over.

it was a super stupid thing to do, but im super stupid a lot of the time

billy rubin

i am cheerful because the 100 percent trump owned trump organization has been indicted on pretty clear tax fraud charges.

i dont care a bit about trump personally, but i am cheering on anything that occupies his attention prior to the 2022 elections, and tends to reduce his attraction to middle minded voters.

Icarus

Middle minded voters?  You misspelled that word Billy.  I should have been muddle minded voters. 

The wonder of the ages is that there are so many actual human beings who truly believe that Trump is the precursor of the second coming.

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on July 02, 2021, 04:13:35 PM
i am cheerful because the 100 percent trump owned trump organization has been indicted on pretty clear tax fraud charges.

i dont care a bit about trump personally, but i am cheering on anything that occupies his attention prior to the 2022 elections, and tends to reduce his attraction to middle minded voters.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

The very simple view of that man turns my stomach, tbh. I thought that he was a lump of excrement in the '90s, and my pov has yet to change. I'm not a vengeful person, but I'd tap dance on his tombstone if I ever even bothered to visit the site. Maybe just piss on it, since I can't dance for shit.

Recusant

A fair reason to be cheerful then--he's not the president anymore.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

It was certainly a sense of relief. We're not out of the woods yet, but I seriously doubt he'll make any sort of comeback.

Tom62

Quote from: Dark Lightning on July 04, 2021, 01:38:03 PM
It was certainly a sense of relief. We're not out of the woods yet, but I seriously doubt he'll make any sort of comeback.

I wish that is true, but I expect him to run again in 2024.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on July 04, 2021, 05:46:46 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on July 04, 2021, 01:38:03 PM

I wish that is true, but I expect him to run again in 2024.
I don't know...
I think I'll make Trump my prison pen-pal very soon.
:reading:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant