News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Rush Limbaugh dead

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, February 17, 2021, 11:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Quote from: Davin on February 24, 2021, 02:06:00 PM
He had a lot to say. He had a lot of nothing to say.

I thought of what he spouted off to be simply garbage. But you're right. His talk show was full of nothing.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

back in the 1990s i used to listen to rush limbaugh. not because i agreed with what he said, but because i wanted to learn what other people thought.

started when a man came to my door for some reason wearing a folded dollar bill on his shir. i asked a friend what that was about and he told me it meant the man was a "dittohead," someone who let limbaigh speak for them. so i started listening.

back then he wasn't so bad. he had a conservative agenda, but he presented arguments for why his positions were correct, annd he was often funny. cut to more recent times, and he had become just a shrill mouthpiece for far right speech. didn't mater waht it was, limbaugh would support ideas from teh right and decry ideas from the left, even if they were the same ideas. if he was right about something, he would point it out. if he was wrong, he would quietly ignore it and move on.

it was sad watching him degenerate into just mouthpiece, and i am not at all unhappy that he is dead. good riddance to a bad influence.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

When Trump awarded Rush Limbaugh the Presidential Medal of Freedom at State of the Union, I googled his name for the first time. Now he is dead. I didn't miss much.
:reading:

May he rest in peace forever...If he ever learned what that was like when he was alive.  ::)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

billy rubin

i have absolutely nothing good to say about rush limbaugh.

the world has a cleaner smell for his departure.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

One of my brothers was listening to rush one day when I was visiting. It was awhile ago, and I heard him talking about, "...Obama's totalitarian regime...", and I asked my brother why he listened to that stupid kind of shit.

No one

I got excited, I thought he died again.