News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Hey Mags!!

Started by Biggus Dickus, June 27, 2017, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Hello Mags,

Hope you is doing well, and staying out of trouble. I'm doing well, and I haven't gotten into too much trouble so far this year, I guess I need to try harder.

Weather here in Michigan is nice, I guess summer is now here in all it's glory, and I finally am getting some color back so I don't look too white anymore, so that's good.

Let's see...I'm fully vaccinated which is good, but I still wear a mask just so people don't mistake me for a conservative, 'Merican, racist, homophobic, misogynist, old fuck 8)

Otherwise work is really busy, so busy I can't even take some real time off..I know that's good, but I'm getting a bit burned out. However. Things at home are going well.

I saw a coyote recently, and last week I chase a wild turkey while riding my bike in the woods.

Take care,

Bruno

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on June 13, 2021, 09:28:18 PM
Hello Mags,

Hope you are doing well, and staying out of trouble. I'm doing well, and I haven't gotten into too much trouble so far this year, I guess I need to try harder.

Weather here in Michigan is nice, I guess summer is now here in all it's glory, and I finally am getting some color back so I don't look too white anymore, so that's good.

Let's see...I'm fully vaccinated which is good, but I still wear a mask just so people don't mistake me for a conservative, 'Merican, racist, homophobic, misogynist, old fuck 8)

Otherwise work is really busy, so busy I can't even take some real time off..I know that's good, but I'm getting a bit burned out. However. Things at home are going well.

I saw a coyote recently, and last week I chase a wild turkey while riding my bike in the woods.

Take care,

Bruno

Hello Bruno,

I'm doing well, thank you, and I am trying to stay out of trouble. Good to know you're doing good.

Summer in Michigan? Sounds nice. So, "finally getting some color back so you don't look too white anymore" probably means that your skin will have the color of "Un Rojo Atardecer?"  :tellmemore:

I've been inoculated as well, and I also wear my bandana just so people don't mistake me for an unfriendly Mexican "illegal" who is bringing drugs and crime so that I don't look like rapists, and so that people can assume that I have the potential to maybe be a good person...As long as I speak only "Merican."  :smokin cool:

Well, I'm happy to share with you that my daughter is making me a grandma soon, and my son graduated high school.
Time flies, doesn't it?

It's good to hear you're still riding your bike in the woods, that you're busy at work, and that things at home are going well.

I hope you're still playing the guitar and that you post more videos.

Take care,

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

I was also vaccinated, but it did not keep Mags from turning me into a newt and marinating me in wine.  At least I won't be falsely identified as a Trump fan.

No one

Well, newts have at least triple the mental capacity of the average trumpanzees.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 14, 2021, 07:58:43 PM
I was also vaccinated, but it did not keep Mags from turning me into a newt and marinating me in wine.  ...
:snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Hey Mags,

Saw a niece and nephew last week who are visiting from Honduras along with their Mom and Dad...I've posted about these two here on HAF before, I think I've even posted some pictures a few years ago when they came to Michigan and we went up to the lake....anyways, they are both bilingual, in fact their English is really good, most folks from here when they hear them can't believe they actually live in Honduras as their accents are almost unnoticeable. (These are my two favorite nieces and nephews...I really have fun hanging around with them)

They are about 12-14, both very smart, and mature. They were telling me how they have fun with their mom as her English isn't near as good as theirs so they were teaching here some "bad words' and "American Slang",...then laughing when mom is trying to say something and mixes in some salty words.
Soooo I taught the kids a few new words and phrases much to their delight.
Mom wasn't happy 8)

Congrats on your son graduating High School, and double-whammy congratties on you as a soon to be  Grandma...that's fantastic!!!!

Abuelita Mags is in the house!!!!!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on June 15, 2021, 11:25:30 PM
Hey Mags,

Saw a niece and nephew last week who are visiting from Honduras along with their Mom and Dad...I've posted about these two here on HAF before, I think I've even posted some pictures a few years ago when they came to Michigan and we went up to the lake....anyways, they are both bilingual, in fact their English is really good, most folks from here when they hear them can't believe they actually live in Honduras as their accents are almost unnoticeable. (These are my two favorite nieces and nephews...I really have fun hanging around with them)

They are about 12-14, both very smart, and mature. They were telling me how they have fun with their mom as her English isn't near as good as theirs so they were teaching here some "bad words' and "American Slang",...then laughing when mom is trying to say something and mixes in some salty words.
Soooo I taught the kids a few new words and phrases much to their delight.
Mom wasn't happy 8)
Yes, I remember them and the pictures you posted. I remember their dad's picture...sleeping.  :snicker:

Wow! 12 and 14. "Catrachos"  ;)

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on June 15, 2021, 11:25:30 PM
Congrats on your son graduating High School, and double-whammy congratties on you as a soon to be  Grandma...that's fantastic!!!!

Abuelita Mags is in the house!!!!!

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on June 14, 2021, 08:14:45 PM
Well, newts have at least triple the mental capacity of the average trumpanzees.

No one, there you are!  :computerwave:

No one

I always am, except when I'm not.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on June 16, 2021, 04:20:54 AM

[/quote]

Help me out with "catrachos" - is that Honduran Spanish or more wide-spread?  And what exactly does it mean?

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 17, 2021, 03:35:15 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 16, 2021, 04:20:54 AM

Help me out with "catrachos" - is that Honduran Spanish or more widespread?  And what exactly does it mean?
[/quote]

I grew up hearing people refer to people from Honduras as Catrachos.
Here's more on the word:
You are not the only curious gringo;)
https://lagringasblogicito.blogspot.com/2007/06/what-heck-is-catracho.html?m=1

Ecurb Noselrub

Thanks, Mags.  I've been to Guatemala and Costa Rica, but my only education on Honduras came from Warren Zevon:

And I'm hiding in Honduras
I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers guns and money
The shit has hit the fan

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 17, 2021, 10:26:13 PM
Thanks, Mags.  I've been to Guatemala and Costa Rica, but my only education on Honduras came from Warren Zevon:

And I'm hiding in Honduras
I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers guns and money
The shit has hit the fan
;D
OK.

A lot of other people probably heard about Honduras for the first time through FOX "News".
Remember this?
'Trump Cuts U.S. Aid To 3 Mexican Countries'

:picard facepalm:
Hijos de su re-puta madre.

billy rubin

i flew over it once between guatamala city and puerto cabezas in nicaragua once

does that count?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Nit picky retort..............

^^'Trump Cuts U.S. Aid To 3 Mexican Countries'

I was entirely unaware that there are three Mexican countries.  Do the Mexican citizens know about this oddity?