News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

HAVE WE ALL SEEN THE VIDEO OF ACTUAL NAZIS?

What in the ever loving fuck?

Half my Facebook feed is on Twitter vigil waiting for there to be AT LEAST an "Alec Baldwin called me orange!" Level freak out about ACTUAL GODDAMN NAZIS.

Asmodean

Nope. I haven't seen it because Nazis don't really interest me that much.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Pasta Chick

Somehow I don't think ignoring them is going to help.

Asmodean

As long as they are content with ignoring me...

That said, lacking in interest is not the same as lacking an opinion, neither of which necessitates actively ignoring something. Opinions I do have, but I can do very little about Nazism other than to follow and promote my own ideology whenever I am able and, considering it less-than-interesting, I passively ignore it in much the same way as I do soccer on TV or people bragging about the "accomplishments" of their young children. I don't actively seek to avoid those issues/phenomena, but nor do I stand in line for the front seat tickets.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Pasta Chick

It's like, front page news here.

"ALT-Right" Rally

His campaign has denounced it for him, but his personal silence is deafening

Dave

And now the Rump has ignored all diplomatic protocols (unsurprisingly) by saying Nigel Farage (aka Niggly Farago) should be appointed the new UK ambassador! Even in a Twitter I think that is an ignorant move, and I gave little respect for the traditional way of doing things.

Oh, I suppose these orange people are bound stick together.

Rump is still on course to be the global disaster many (including me) expect.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

I had already started a post about this latest example of Trump's presumptuous fatuity. Thanks for providing a British perspective, Gloucester:)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Recusant

Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 22, 2016, 11:07:22 AM
HAVE WE ALL SEEN THE VIDEO OF ACTUAL NAZIS?

What in the ever loving fuck?

Half my Facebook feed is on Twitter vigil waiting for there to be AT LEAST an "Alec Baldwin called me orange!" Level freak out about ACTUAL GODDAMN NAZIS.

I agree that there is no room for doubt regarding the context of this event. The speech by the slimy white supremacist Spencer had both subtle and blatant references to Nazi ideology. The final "Hail victory" is a direct translation of the infamous Nazi Sieg Heil.

Trump's feeble response is not surprising. He's been playing footsie with the white supremacists all along, while feigning ignorance, as when he denied knowing "anything" about David Duke.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on November 22, 2016, 04:10:36 PM
I had already started a post about this latest example of Trump's presumptuous fatuity. Thanks for providing a British perspective, Gloucester:)

A quick read of that article does not seem to mention the position this puts the UK govt in.

Britain will desperately need all the trade and diplomatic help it can get from the States if we do implement Brexit, indications are that Europe are going to pile as much shit on us as they can,

Now we have the prospect of incurring the wrath of a thin skinned narcissistic diplomatic ignoramus by not making his new buddy our US ambassador! Of course they get on well, they are of a very similar mould; a mouldiness that stinks and that Britain and the world  does not need right now.

Next he will be touting Berlusconi for the Italian ambassador.

Dave

BBC News has just said that Breitbart News is accusing Rump of lying because he says he will not carry out his threat of legal action against Clinton, as promised.

Cracks in the hull of the ship of fools already?

Can't find confirmation though.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on November 22, 2016, 08:31:19 AM
America just find a good candidate for 2020. PLEASE!!!!!

Nigel Farage.  He can do the impossible.

Ecurb Noselrub

Nazis have always been around - but now Trump has made them feel legitimate.

Pasta Chick

Can we make the entire nation sit down and watch American History X or something?

I know they've always been there - as is their shitty, knuckle-dragging right - but the legitimization is horrifying.

Part of the problem is the media representation of Spencer. It's sickening the article's labeling him "dapper" and giving credit to his "think tank" like he's not an actual goddamn Nazi.

Bad Penny II

Has he resiled from the pump up the military thing yet?
Is China still financing US excess?
Going to war with your creditor would be clever if you could but you can't unless you're a last pages of the bible type.

I don't get why spending more on military is a vote catcher.
It's not as if you send it off pillage and bring back the spoils.

Europe has to pay more, Japan has to pay more... so shouldn't the US have to spend less on nasties and be enabled to spend more on niceness?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.