News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

The lady he groped on the plane said he was like an octopus.  Now he can also be Octopus-in-Chief.  Or just Pus-in-Chief. 

Pasta Chick

No, I hold octopuses in high esteem. They're extremely intelligent and creative, of which Trump is neither, even ignoring his other glaring flaws.

Harmonie

Quote from: Pasta Chick on October 09, 2016, 06:06:27 PM
I'm pretty universally hearing that Trump is done after this, but I've been universally hearing what an idiot he is for months so I'm never sure where all his supporters are or what they number.

Right, I mean it was obvious that Trump was misogynistic trash a longgggg time ago.

If people didn't stop supporting him then, I'm not sure what could stop them. I'm convinced that if he lit a house full of kittens on fire, his supporters would defend him and still follow him.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Davin

The only thing that Trump could do wrong, that he hasn't already done, that has any chance of him losing his supporters, is to say he wants to enact some gun regulations.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ecurb Noselrub

You should listen to Michelle Obama's speech. Pretty powerful.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Davin

I wish they'd just let him be himself.

Dave

On BBC Radio 4's "News Quiz" (a comedy prog)

"Hilary is everything that Trump hates - a woman of his own age."
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Velma

It looks like the big donors are afraid the Trump is hurting the Republican Party's image. I'm sorry, but that ship sail long ago when the GOP decided that those letters stood for "God's Own Party" and they got in bed with the religious right.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/14/us/politics/republican-donors-trump.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Ecurb Noselrub

Trump strikes again:  He told Howard Stern that troubled women like Lindsay Lohan are better in bed.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/14/media/donald-trump-on-lindsay-lohan/index.html

He said this when she was still a teenager.  He is the gift that keeps on giving.

Davin

I think that this whole, "the election is rigged" shit is dangerous. Of course, rational people will likely dismiss it, but since guns are in the hands of many people who have an IQ far below average, it's not exactly a comforting thought to imagine voting day having more than a few dangerous issues when the Republican front runner is spouting this bullshit. And he's not the first to say it, all that voting fraud (actually almost zero), that the republicans have been saying is the purpose for new voter laws, is part of this.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/trumps-rigged-election-claims-wrong-dangerous%e2%80%8b/

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on October 18, 2016, 04:29:05 PM
I think that this whole, "the election is rigged" shit is dangerous. Of course, rational people will likely dismiss it, but since guns are in the hands of many people who have an IQ far below average, it's not exactly a comforting thought to imagine voting day having more than a few dangerous issues when the Republican front runner is spouting this bullshit. And he's not the first to say it, all that voting fraud (actually almost zero), that the republicans have been saying is the purpose for new voter laws, is part of this.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/trumps-rigged-election-claims-wrong-dangerous%e2%80%8b/

Yeah... I can envision gun-toting morons "ensuring voting is fair" and scaring people away. It's nuts. The facts don't seem to mean anything any more.

Davin

Quote from: joeactor on October 18, 2016, 05:45:50 PM
Quote from: Davin on October 18, 2016, 04:29:05 PM

Yeah... I can envision gun-toting morons "ensuring voting is fair" and scaring people away. It's nuts. The facts don't seem to mean anything any more.
There were a few incidents the last two major elections in my city in "certain neighborhoods" and where I voted. Nothing violent happened, but it's not comforting having a guy yelling like a toddler at you to not vote for that illegal alien.

And it feels likely that in this climate, it will be worse this time.