Happy Atheist Forum

Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump

Ecurb Noselrub

• No Wall in my name!!!
Re: Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump
« Reply #1290 on: June 16, 2021, 04:28:36 PM »
I offer no defense of right-wing American Christians, who often equate guns and faith. But I would defend Jesus here - I highly doubt he would would approve of how his message has been prostituted by evangelicals. For my part, I wouldn't want an object like that anywhere near me.

No one

« Reply #1291 on: June 16, 2021, 05:14:41 PM »
You're forgetting that the savior speaks directly to them.

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
  • Angry hippies need to smoke cheap weed.
« Reply #1292 on: June 16, 2021, 06:59:08 PM »
Lately, I have been following hermes2015's rule:
"If it's not beautiful or useful, throw it away." That thing is neither.  :reading:

;)

“I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe.” ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

• No Wall in my name!!!
« Reply #1293 on: June 16, 2021, 07:23:54 PM »
You're forgetting that the savior speaks directly to them.

Sure he does - just ask them.

Bad Penny II

• Idiot Symmetrician
« Reply #1294 on: June 19, 2021, 09:56:06 AM »
I offer no defense of right-wing American Christians, who often equate guns and faith. But I would defend Jesus here - I highly doubt he would would approve of how his message has been prostituted by evangelicals. For my part, I wouldn't want an object like that anywhere near me.

Good old Jesus, he is such a customisable deity, people have been using him to justify what they want to do forever.
He's been approving one or more sides of wars, anointing kings approving popes, he's a busy fellow.
Why can't he drop by now and then, maybe just do a fly by through the solar system every fifty years.
The faith thing is just too convenient for the spruikers, who lack any actual reliable proof.
Gods shouldn't expect us to trust the words of men, men are not trustworthy.