News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

My girlfriend was the person I picked, because we like to walk around outdoors a bit. I'm closest to her, but if she didn't like walking around outdoors, then I probably would have imagined someone who does, not necessarily a person close to me.

I imagined a coyote because I saw one the last time I went hiking. It ran away as soon as it saw me, because that's what they tend to do in real life. However, most of my life challenges I have to actually work through no matter how much I dislike it. Problems don't just turn and run away when I look at them.

I imagined a big maze with 10' walls because that sounds cool. Not because I'm a closed off person. I'm not really a closed off person, I mean I don't tend to say much personal things about me to random internet strangers, but I get personal with many people.

I imagined the cup was brass because I imagine it was in the center of a huge tall maze and that seemed appropriate. I don't see how that has anything to do with my relationship with my GF.

I left the cup there, that's supposed to mean that it's because I'm not close to my GF, but to me, I leave things alone that aren't mine.

I think that mazes, while fun, are not very difficult. So while I didn't have an answer that matched what I thought, "Too easy" was the closest.

There is too much symbolism with meanings assigned to them that do not work for me.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 20, 2017, 07:20:15 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 19, 2017, 05:35:12 AM
^^^
:picard facepalm:

Remember that sign language translator who also faked it at Nelson Mandela's funeral?  :doh:

Now that you mentioned it I do vaguely recall the scene...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on September 20, 2017, 06:41:20 PM
I was wondering how you would take this test as maybe the intended audience for this video would be American or at most native english speakers...
Oh... :notsure:
O.K.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on September 20, 2017, 09:12:04 PM
I was wondering how you would take this test as maybe the intended audience for this video would be American or at most native english speakers...
O.K.

NOT that it's a bad thing! I wasn't the one who made the video so I thought there might be some inherent bias as the creator would only be able to make the video for their country of origin.

*sigh* There is no way I can make this not sound bad...I'm sorry

I guess what I was trying to say was that the maker of that video might have only known united states culture and therefore made a video towards them. And people in the us are the main users of the internet last that I checked. I'm not making excuses for him/her. I just didn't expect them to be able to make something that relates to someone outside the US. So I just wanted to check and see what other's might think. Not the reason I posted that either. I posted it because I thought it was fun.

Trust me Mags, I do not think it is a bad thing you are an immigrant or anyone from outside the US. I do not think it's a bad thing that you were ever outside the US. I don't think it's a bad thing that anyone is outside the US. I like you mags. I think you're fun and quirky and interesting. I wasn't trying to exclude you from the test. I would like it if you would take the test. Please take it if you want to :)
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on September 20, 2017, 09:17:48 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 20, 2017, 09:12:04 PM
O.K.

NOT that it's a bad thing! I wasn't the one who made the video so I thought there might be some inherent bias as the creator would only be able to make the video for their country of origin.

*sigh* There is no way I can make this not sound bad...I'm sorry

I guess what I was trying to say was that the maker of that video might have only known united states culture and therefore made a video towards them. And people in the us are the main users of the internet last that I checked. I'm not making excuses for him/her. I just didn't expect them to be able to make something that relates to someone outside the US. So I just wanted to check and see what other's might think. Not the reason I posted that either. I posted it because I thought it was fun.

Trust me Mags, I do not think it is a bad thing you are an immigrant or anyone from outside the US. I do not think it's a bad thing that you were ever outside the US. I don't think it's a bad thing that anyone is outside the US. I like you mags. I think you're fun and quirky and interesting. I wasn't trying to exclude you from the test. I would like it if you would take the test. Please take it if you want to :)
:lol:
I'm just messing with you, Arturo.

:secrets1: Just so that you know, we know what a labyrinth is:

:grin:

xSilverPhinx

You know what they should bring to the maze? A homemade periscope.

Probably wouldn't be as much fun though. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on September 20, 2017, 09:07:51 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 20, 2017, 07:20:15 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 19, 2017, 05:35:12 AM
^^^
:picard facepalm:

Remember that sign language translator who also faked it at Nelson Mandela's funeral?  :doh:

Now that you mentioned it I do vaguely recall the scene...

:rofl:

Poor guy, he looks really anxious.

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 20, 2017, 09:52:12 PM
You know what they should bring to the maze? A homemade periscope.

Probably wouldn't be as much fun though. :grin:
I don't know...
Davin said he imagined a big maze with 10' walls...So... :notsure: That would be a pretty long homemade periscope.

xSilverPhinx

:notsure: Then maybe you would have to forcefully bring the other person into the maze with you so that you can climb on their shoulders while you use your homemade periscope.

Or grow wings, I don't know. :grin:

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 20, 2017, 10:20:23 PM
:notsure: Then maybe you would have to forcefully bring the other person into the maze with you so that you can climb on their shoulders while you use your homemade periscope.

Or grow wings, I don't know. :grin:
I would probably panic in there.  :worried:
:panic:

Essie Mae

I saw the maze as about 7' high, partly as I was in Hampton Court Maze only a few days ago and it was about that, or maybe a bit higher, so it was on my mind and also why would my partner, (chose Mr M) advise me not to go in if it was a very low one?

I 'saw' a rigid plastic cup which was said not to be durable. Well I beg to differ, the bloody things will probably be around longer than we are.

There was also a spelling mistake, all of which shows me to be a moaning, curmudgeonly, pernickety old trout devoid of any personality at all. I'm clearly traumatised and need counselling. What have you done to me Arturo?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Essie Mae on September 20, 2017, 11:16:10 PM
I saw the maze as about 7' high, partly as I was in Hampton Court Maze only a few days ago and it was about that, or maybe a bit higher, so it was on my mind and also why would my partner, (chose Mr M) advise me not to go in if it was a very low one?

I 'saw' a rigid plastic cup which was said not to be durable. Well I beg to differ, the bloody things will probably be around longer than we are.

There was also a spelling mistake, all of which shows me to be a moaning, curmudgeonly, pernickety old trout devoid of any personality at all. I'm clearly traumatised and need counselling. What have you done to me Arturo?

:lol:

So true about the plastic cup!

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Essie Mae

Quote from: Arturo on September 21, 2017, 12:11:05 AM
I'm not a jerk!!

:)

There there, of course you're not. We lurved your questionnaire. The counselling's going great.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱