News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Firebird on May 14, 2016, 05:46:03 PM
John Oliver piece on science, with a few barbs aimed at religion thrown in

I so love John Oliver, he makes it easier to bear Jon Stewart retiring (not that Trevor Noah isn't a good host).

Quote from: No one on May 14, 2016, 06:37:34 PM

Oh please oh please oh please tell me this was a real commercial -- if only for 5 min of airtime.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

joeactor

How'd I miss this? It's a whole series...

With Grant Imahara (mythbuster), plus Michael Dorn and Lou Ferrigno!

More info at:
http://www.startrekcontinues.com/

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Buddy on May 15, 2016, 09:39:02 PM
Snoop Dogg's Plizzanet Earth

You remembered Buddy...Snoop is great, "What is these animals"?  8)

I still think I like Honey Badger by Randall a bit more though, "Look at that sleepy fuck"!. ;D

Speaking of doggs, check out this Nova Science Now with Neil Degrass Tyson, "How Smart Are Dogs"? Well, as Neil finds out they're pretty smart, in fact much smarter than we ever thought, with a brain that resembles our own in ways we never imagined.
Especially a Border Collie named Chaser who impresses Neil not only with her large vocabularly, but her ability to learn through inference.

Here's a great video on Chaser and her good friend.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

joeactor

Quote from: Magdalena on May 24, 2016, 06:13:56 AM
I have to buy one!  :smilenod:

:grin:

But... if it's the lighting, then why doesn't his servant look better?
(or maybe he's worse without the lighting!!!)

Magdalena

^^^
The servant is not Terry Quattro a "Famous Person." Maybe after the servant gets the lightbulb, "For an embarrassingly small amount of money," he can kiss his unsuccessful, non-celebrity life goodbye. :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

joeactor

Quote from: Magdalena on May 24, 2016, 02:59:12 PM
^^^
The servant is not Terry Quattro a "Famous Person." Maybe after the servant gets the lightbulb, "For an embarrassingly small amount of money," he can kiss his unsuccessful, non-celebrity life goodbye. :grin:

Ahhhh!  You have to *own* a lightbulb!
(off to buy a dozen)

Magdalena

Quote from: joeactor on May 24, 2016, 05:42:37 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 24, 2016, 02:59:12 PM
^^^

Ahhhh!  You have to *own* a lightbulb!
(off to buy a dozen)
:secrets1: I think you only need one, if you get too many you're probably gonna look like a 13-year-old boy!  ;D

Icarus

Dry Brit humor humour   

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

OldGit

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken