News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

False, the closest I was with a famous person was in an elevator with David Coulthard in Antalya.

TNP doesn't like F1 races
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

fslse. the skill displayed in the racing at that level is astounding.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DvEundZCuHAw&ved=2ahUKEwjU_Y_5l4TyAhXbbc0KHTbCC2oQo7QBegQIChAE&usg=AOvVaw3lulWJa9-WKj2dyJJUM_U7

the next poster has looked over the edge of a very very high building and then went and got something to throw off

set the function, not the mechanism.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: billy rubin on July 27, 2021, 10:26:55 PM
fslse. the skill displayed in the racing at that level is astounding.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DvEundZCuHAw&ved=2ahUKEwjU_Y_5l4TyAhXbbc0KHTbCC2oQo7QBegQIChAE&usg=AOvVaw3lulWJa9-WKj2dyJJUM_U7

the next poster has looked over the edge of a very very high building and then went and got something to throw off

True, About this time last year I looked over the side of my very very high building and saw a zombie, better dressed than most, so I dropped a weighty L-Z lever arch file, knocked it flat.
Shortly after I lowered myself to the ground through a system of pulleys and ropes this iteration of zombies just go errrrrr at. Just as I had at least every third day, for the last five years, since the apocalypse, to scavenge, and perhaps, maybe, maybe, find another untainted human.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" I don't believe that, I don't believe Einstein believed that.
As I approached my latest downed zombie I faintly hear the Lou Reed – Rock 'n' Roll Animal version of Sweet Jane, ... it's coming from some fallen headphones, attached to an 80s style walkmen.  There's Douglas Adams books spilled out of a back pack

TNP is a responsible citizen.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

True, I am a citizen who is responsible for many crimes, mistakes, goofs, and stupid decisions. I accept my responsibility, but will not admit to any specifics in a court of law or public opinion.

TNP thinks everyone should be vaccinated, allowing for only limited exemptions.

Bad Penny II

False, Vac 'em all, fk exemptions
TNP thinks they should grow something, for the good of the Earth and such, but probably wont.

Biggus Dickus

True,...I've been thinking of growing balls for all of the conservatives I know, but it's a lot of work so I probably won't do it. :(
(I'm guilty of procrastination at times :shhh:)

TNP loves Horchata!  :love:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

True, but not as much as its cousin, Rumchata.

TNP knows at least 3 unknown unknowns.

billy rubin

true

iknow what happened to judge crater, i know whether aleister crowley was serious, and i know the true story of the Leatherwood God. but i dont know why myfuel card wont work at 0500 in nowhere pennsylvania.

tnp can explain why my fuel card doesnt work.

Bluenose

True.  It's broken

TNP feels like some single malt with a tasty bit of Roquefort on the side
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

False, I lack the ability to empathise with liquids, though I've tried.
I do understand the feeling of disgruntlement your Roquefort feels.

TNP knows why the tree said dig.

Ecurb Noselrub

True: The tree that is called the Dig Tree is called that because William Brahe carved the word 'dig' on the tree to indicate that he'd buried something under the tree.  But a jolly swagman found the tree and dug up the booty, and bought a whole herd of jumbucks with it. If you listen to his ghost at the billabong, you'll hear this story.

TNP has, in fact, come waltzin' matilda.

Anne D.

Maybe kind of true in a way. When I went to Texas I had no job (or apartment) lined up and was in search of one. Does a U-Haul attached to a tiny Mazda pickup count as a Matilda carried over my back?  ;)

TNP has lived at sea for several months.

Tom62

I lived close to the sea, but not at sea

TNP hasn't seen a single Tokyo Olympic event
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

true. the last olympic event i watched on a television set was mary lou retton getting a 10.

tnp will post an image of hisor her favorite tattoo

Bad Penny II

True

TNP has heard the "Climate change report from IPCC a 'code red for humanity" and was somewhat perturbed but that concern has been supplanted by thoughts of what they'll have for lunch.