News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Laid Back Lounge / what is the worst job you can ...
Last post by billy rubin - April 06, 2024, 03:05:11 PM
some people like their jobs. some people hate their jobs. i was reading the news and got distracted by some clickbait

which was a success for the clickbait

and then it occurred to me that the worst job i coul dimagine having right now would be having to write things like this in order to make a living

QuoteCaught off guard

One of the teachers, Miss Clara, quickly entered the principal's office and closed the door behind her. "Shit, Eric! What was that? Who is that girl?" she whispered, completely caught off guard by what had just happened. "That's what I'm going to find out now, he muttered as he looked through one of his drawers.

The unexpected appearance of the mysterious girl has clearly left Miss Clara and Eric, the principal, bewildered. Their hushed conversation and the search for answers suggest that something intriguing or perhaps even concerning has just occurred. The unfolding story is sure to reveal more about the girl's identity and the secrets that may lie ahead

i would strangle innocent passersby before i would succeed in writing very much like this.

what would you hate to do for a living?
Religion / Re: Christian Nonduality
Last post by zorkan - April 06, 2024, 12:46:26 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on April 05, 2024, 01:30:18 PMI have no idea if that's how the biosphere is likely to meet its doom, or if it will stick around to witness the Sun going red giant on this planet's bottom

Velikovsky fable:
Worlds in Collision (book) "proposes that Venus formed inside of Jupiter, and that around the 15th century BCE, it was ejected from Jupiter as a comet or comet-like object and subsequently passed near Earth, though an actual collision with the Earth is not mentioned. In doing so it changed Earth's orbit and axial inclination, causing innumerable catastrophes which were identified in early mythologies and religious traditions from human civilizations around the world. Fifty-two years later, it again made a close approach, stopping the Earth's rotation for a while and causing more catastrophes. Then, in the 8th and 7th centuries BCE, Mars (itself displaced by Venus) made close approaches to the Earth; this incident caused a new round of disturbances and disasters. After that, the current "celestial order" was established. The courses of the planets stabilized over the centuries and Venus gradually became a "normal" planet."

Suppose Jupiter which is more than twice as big as all other planets combined decides to spew out another comet which this time hits Earth, then we're doomed.
Doomed!
So what, I ain't bovvered.

Last post by zorkan - April 06, 2024, 12:40:27 PM
Or put a simpler way, only consciousness exists.
Last post by Me_Be - April 05, 2024, 04:27:03 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on April 03, 2024, 12:29:40 PMWhat makes that reality the real one? Is it real as opposed to, or in addition to, other available realities?

When discussing reality/realities, contemplation using words is always referring to knowledge, something known, always knowledge, because without knowledge there's simply ''thought-free awareness'' aka nothingness appearing as everything without imposing any concept to it.

Awareness is the only ONE real reality. Awareness is not human. Human is a concept known to Awareness. Awareness is the nameless one reality.

Neither the human body, nor the human entity ( some call the spirit ) is "LIFE The Real Self" ( "AWARENESS " )
The Only thing that is "AWARE" of anything, is "AWARENESS", which is "LIFE The Real Self"

You are Awareness Itself individually and uniquely aware as "you." You are individual being. The pure awareness you are is the one universe you experience. Awareness and form are one. Awareness is what you ARE, what you see WITH, and that which is SEEN.

Awareness itself is not the awareness OF any 'thing' or any condition or situation, it is the one infinite and omnipresent "light" you ARE, you see things with, and the 'things' themselves.

You are aware of; conscious of; "alive" to  these words. But it is not "you" being aware of "these words" with "your faculty of awareness." What makes the experience possible is the oneness of Awareness Itself. That which you are aware of is Awareness Itself, and the "you" being aware is the same Awareness Itself. Awareness Itself is existence itself.

Last post by Me_Be - April 05, 2024, 03:59:16 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on April 03, 2024, 12:29:40 PMFurther questions, in addition to the unanswered three from above; how does "illusory" come into play? What is the significance of reality as seen as a single system not having any overarching knowledge or the capability of knowing? Can you demonstrate how the conceptualisation is done within infinity? (That which has no starting and/or end condition, which "all" knowledge does)

I can only demonstrate using a quote from biblical scripture, which is simply knowledge arising as itself, to itself and for itself. Just like any knowledge one claims to know.

''‭‭1 Corinthians 13:12  For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.''

This is referring to the reflective world of knowledge/thought (for now we see only a reflection).

Then "we shall see face to face" which refers to the full picture; aka from source to source.

Now I know in part (Now I am experiencing the reflective world of thought), then I shall know fully (Complete and no longer veiled by thoughts, seeing "the light" that thoughts are covering), even as I am fully known (I am truly already and always Fullness/Wholeness no matter what, yet I seemingly experience forgetting this and falling for the illusion the reflection creates, and then remembering the Wholeness.
This is basic Nonduality. In fact pretty much all of the worlds religious text including islamic faith is derived from a base level nondual context at it's fundamental core.

Last post by Me_Be - April 05, 2024, 03:35:23 PM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on April 03, 2024, 01:19:11 PMThe mind makes up shit to appear cool since the meaning of the mind itself is unknown

All that is known is the unknown.

That which is not yet known can eventually become known. But that which is unknowable can never be known.
Last post by Asmodean - April 05, 2024, 01:30:18 PM
The Moon is pretty much a "solid lump" of moon. Mars - not far behind. Yes, planets - the Earth among them - eventually cool, their mantles and cores solidify enough and... "No" more magnetosphere. That's pretty much how it goes.

I have no idea if that's how the biosphere is likely to meet its doom, or if it will stick around to witness the Sun going red giant on this planet's bottom, but yeah... The Universe is "out to kill" life. Fortunately for life, it tends to operate on such time scales, as may just be enough for life to destroy itself before the Universe can ever get to it. :smilenod:

[EDIT:]Also, while The Asmo is being peeved by pseudoprofundities, you know how they say soemthing to the tune of more people having been to space than to the bottom of the ocean? Well, fucking duuh! Yes, it is not as trivial (all other concerns such as actually being alive while at it excluded) to get to space and back as it is to sink to the abyssal plain, then cut the ballast, but "all" you have to do once you arrive in space is have a vessel capable of holding one atmosphere of pressure in an unpressurised environment. It's "the same" as holding two atmospheres at sea level. A pop bottle or a soda can can do it. At the bottom of the sea, the vessel has to be capable of maintaining that same atmospheric pressure in an environment where the ambient pressure is orders upon orders of magnitude greater than that. "one tiny leak," and you're fucked. It's not all there is to it, of course, it's just that maybe, all things considered, it's actually easier to get to space in some meaningful way than it is to sink to the bottom of the sea and that while astronomically (pun intended) expensive, the potential return on investment is more attractive in space travel than sub-sea exploration.
Last post by zorkan - April 05, 2024, 01:17:51 PM
True, we do have data about the crust, like we understand the width of the peel of an apple.
I've descended in a cage 300 feet into a disused coal mine (Big Pit), and it was dark.
Go further down 2000 miles to see the core and it might be as hot as the sun.
Could the Earth stop spinning and the magnetic field be cut off?
Life would die. But so what, this planet is already a graveyard for all life.
Get life while you can, I say.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/planet-earth/earths-mysterious-core
Last post by Asmodean - April 05, 2024, 12:45:04 PM
Quote from: zorkan on April 05, 2024, 12:10:08 PMWe know more about the surface of Mars than what lies beneath us.
That tired old adage is at best a matter of perspective, I think.

What specifically are you referring to? "Terabytes" of data gathered on the subject in total? The quality of terrain mapping? Positions of mineral deposits? Air/liquid streams and such like? Who's even "we?" Humanity? NASA? The faculty of geology at a given university?

We do have a LOT of data on the Earth's crust, and while it is possible that we have comparatively more on the surface of Mars, that calls for specification and verification, which I, for one, have never seen materialise with any such claims. (for instance, "we know more about the Moon than we do about the deep ocean." Same problem. In my opinion, it's just something people parrot because it sounds profound. At least, everyone I've ever pressed on the matter had to fold like wet toilet paper)
Laid Back Lounge / Re: A cute little word game
Last post by Asmodean - April 05, 2024, 12:12:29 PM
The Asmo achieved new heights of Great-and-Terribleness by finding 12 pangrams in today's puzzle.

Blossom Puzzle, April 5
Letters: A E L I R S T
My score: 381 points
My longest word: 11 letters
 💐 🌼 💮 🌷 🌸 🌹 🌻 🌺 🏵 💐 🌼

He did min/max a little by reusing roots and using plurals here and there to achieve that, true, but still. He is pleased with His divine Self. :smilenod:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.