News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

HAF Virtual Meetup

Started by Whitney, February 18, 2012, 06:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on March 03, 2012, 04:12:39 PM
This is the list so far

amicale
Ali
Asmo
Dobermonster
Firebird
joeactor
Guardian85
Melmoth
Tank
Whitney
Will

I'm on CST +6 with Melmoth and Guardian85 is on CST +7

Thus we need to do a mid day (US) on a Saturday or Sunday.
There are 11 people on the list but the probability of all of us all being available is very low so I suggest we all get on the Google system. Has anybody got experience of the Google system?

I'm not on the list!  :o
Have I been secretly black-balled? Is it because of the one week self-ban? I swear, I'll never leave HAF again!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

joeactor

Has anybody got experience of the Google system?

It's pretty easy.

The main person running the hangout needs to go to their G+ page and click on "Start A Hangout" on the right side.
Then you can add or remove people from the invite list, check your camera, mic, speakers and start the hangout.

As people join, you'll see them pop up (video if enabled).

Worked well the last time I was on it...

Tank

This is the list so far

amicale
Ali
Asmo
Budhorse4
DeterminedJuliet
Dobermonster
Firebird
joeactor
Guardian85
Melmoth
Tank
Whitney
Will

I'm on CST +6 with Melmoth and Asmo/Guardian85 is on CST +7

Thus we need to do a mid day (US) on a Saturday or Sunday.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Between 1 - 3 ish Eastern time would probably be best for me as that's when the monkey is usually napping :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 03, 2012, 05:47:37 PM
Between 1 - 3 ish Eastern time would probably be best for me as that's when the monkey is usually napping :)
EST is CST+1 so a midday start CST would suit you then? That would be 6PM UK and 7PM Norway. 9PM Cypress?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on March 03, 2012, 04:50:36 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on March 03, 2012, 04:47:51 PM
I'm on CST +6 with Melmoth and Guardian85 is on CST +7
The Asmo is GMT+1 kind of Asmo too, by the way.
Beg pardon. Not firing on all cylinders today.

Or CET as it is also called.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on March 03, 2012, 05:52:00 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 03, 2012, 05:47:37 PM
EST is CST+1 so a midday start CST would suit you then? That would be 6PM UK and 7PM Norway. 9PM Cypress?

Works for me!

Ali

Works for me too.  I have a Google+ profile (although I think I've only signed in to it once) if that is the direction we end up going.  Or Skype, although it sounds like we would have to pay for that.  Does AOL or Yahoo still do chatrooms?  It wouldn't be video, but maybe we could create a chat room there for free?

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on March 04, 2012, 05:35:25 PM
Works for me too.  I have a Google+ profile (although I think I've only signed in to it once) if that is the direction we end up going.  Or Skype, although it sounds like we would have to pay for that.  Does AOL or Yahoo still do chatrooms?  It wouldn't be video, but maybe we could create a chat room there for free?
Witn no video, Skype should do the trick.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Melmoth

^ what she said.

Quote from: AsmodeanWitn no video, Skype should do the trick.

My vote would be with Skype. I've used it in the background while playing Minecraft to talk to other people on the server. We couldn't get video - which is something you presumably have to pay for - but voices worked fine.

Also, I don't know how to use anything else...
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Thunder Road

If it's 6 people or less ooVoo will do it for free with video.

Also, how do I sign up (assuming this event hasn't already happened?)
"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." -John Lennon, Strawberry Fields Forever

Freshman Meteorology major at Valparaiso University in Indiana and fan of exclusively classic rock.

Asmodean

Quote from: Thunder Road on March 24, 2012, 09:37:25 PM
If it's 6 people or less ooVoo will do it for free with video.

Also, how do I sign up (assuming this event hasn't already happened?)
Your contact information for Skype (or your prefered comm application). Give it to Tank via a personal message.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Beachdragon

Alas, I don't have skype, otherwise I'd participate.  Have fun!

DeterminedJuliet

Alright, ya hooligans! We're going to do this! Via Skype! On a Sunday! At the aforementioned time! Sometime soon!
When's the best Sunday for people within the next few weeks? I'm being an assertive DJ, so if we don't reach a consensus, I'm just going to pick one.  :P