News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Slaughterbots

Started by Tank, February 27, 2021, 12:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Old Seer

Interesting, but that system is easily defeated. Keep a mask with at all times. (that's just one thing) If you hear buzzing- put it on. Use a neck mask that's worn at all times and all you have to do is pull it up. The people that would use such a system have to be bad the guys, no good guy (so to speak) would do such things. If government uses such devices government is the bad guy. Logic dictates it cannot be any other way. There are multitudes of individuals that can build such devices. Notice the mentality accompanying this idea. There's something drastically wrong with your society to even contemplate such ideas. If/when that can be done government "will" use it. Everyone is guilty, such thinking "is" the bedrock of the worlds psychology, everyone has a superiority complex that's considered ---normal.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

billy rubin

Quote from: Old Seer on February 27, 2021, 02:19:56 PM
Interesting, but that system is easily defeated. Keep a mask with at all times. (that's just one thing) If you hear buzzing- put it on. Use a neck mask that's worn at all times and all you have to do is pull it up. The people that would use such a system have to be bad the guys, no good guy (so to speak) would do such things. If government uses such devices government is the bad guy. Logic dictates it cannot be any other way. There are multitudes of individuals that can build such devices. Notice the mentality accompanying this idea. There's something drastically wrong with your society to even contemplate such ideas. If/when that can be done government "will" use it. Everyone is guilty, such thinking "is" the bedrock of the worlds psychology, everyone has a superiority complex that's considered ---normal.

well seer, here's some thoughts.

the democratic administration in america was most recently the bad guy around here. obama sent drones to kill individuals, but did it by attacking groups at funerals and parties, even non-combatant US citizens sitting at a table in a foreign coffee shop. didn't matter if extra people were killed, so long as the target individual was in the blast. that'd my legitimate government, good or evil.

someone with th morals to do that won't be deterred by having to pick and choose-- the answer will be the same then as it is now-- just kill them all, tienamen-style.

one way people have been trying to defeat facial recognition is by camouflage.

might work. or the AI could be programmed to kill anybody in a certain area wearing a mask or painting their faces too.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Old Seer

You have no choice, but to change you societal psychology, that's according to the Old  Seer psycho - Smurfs, and I agree. Your societal psychology started about 7500 years ago.  A cadre of individuals conspired to take over the land and people in that time for their own purposes, starting a class system that has been modified over time, but no matter the changes  for all to get a fair deal, it always returns to its original intent because that's the objective of civilization at the start.  There is a warning prophecy from that time, by the sweat of they face shall you eat bread, meaning, try as you may it will never work the way they wanted it--and, now there is noting that will not imagine to do. So, here you are, now what?? You are patterned after that original mandate and it's been passed down from generations, and you think the bible is bull. Your interpretation is bull, there's a correct one now that , whether like it or not, you have to pay attention to it or you're all gone. That's the gist of it. Rant and rave, kicking the ground and screaming bloody murder is not going to change a thing.

We could see this coming. Our own experiments showed us. In 2005 we wanted a system of secret mail delivery for our own use. A drone was built it deliver mail to a specific spot. It was built and was sent from an RV camp to another 200 miles away. It was programmed to keep an altitude (GPS) of 30 ft and be able to detect and fly over trees and buildings and any objects over a remote unpopulated course. When it arrived it was taken over by the floks there and landed on a roadway. Mail delivered. To what extent it is used today I'm not privy to know. There was a sound problem that had to be solved because it was to loud for most uses and flight courses. How many are there that can do the same, think about what anyone can do with this capability, and there are 1000s of people that can.

You are now forced to change your ancient psychology--------------no choice. If you need help, let us know.
I'm not a Theist.

billy rubin

seer, why would i worry about being all gone?

what do i have to lose?

added

not a flip question, seer. i'm curious about your larger view

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on February 27, 2021, 03:58:11 PM
one way people have been trying to defeat facial recognition is by camouflage.

might work. or the AI could be programmed to kill anybody in a certain area wearing a mask or painting their faces too.

That could work, up until they start mandatory microchipping babies at birth, that is. :deadpan: 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Old Seer

I may not get this exactly right. If you keep on this path, notice history, that show clearly that if you maintain this psychological direction you will kill each other off. It's happened before. OK, back to the bible (sorry about that), This is according to our interpretations. The time of Noah: In creation there are waters above the heavens and below. Waters (bear in mind here this is our interpretation, the book is history of a particular place in and near the middle east.) denote a mental process, a mind thing. The waters above are the reprobate mentality as the animal world puts one against the other, superiority above others etc. The waters below are humane, or same as a pleasant caring person. Carry that forward to the time of Noah, waters equals a mental condition. In the old Hebrew neumaric alphabet the number 40 translates as , waters without bounds, and in turn equates to a mental condition. Noah warned the people of that time that if they didn't stop their excessive evil a flood would happen upon them. They didn't listen or care so Noah and his family built a fortress in a remote area to survive what was going to happen. They killed each other off in that region because their evils were so great their social bonds broken down and the went genocidal crazy. The waters went above the highest mountains(the great ones and of high renown)---that is even the greatest of them did not exempt.

Today the people's have been guided by certain powers and being led to same outcome. Purposeful evil is now the norm. Prophecies work because someone knows their psychiatry. Any psychiatrist should know that. If a particular mentality is maintained it will eventually reach its final outcome. The same happened to Sodom and Gomorrah. Nimrod, the founder of civilization in the middle east (others in other places)set the process in motion where eventually it will reach it's final end. The time has come, unless there are mental changes the result will be as in the time of Noah. The mental descendants of Nimrod (not genetically) have been at work. They will eventually cause no way out but to shoot one's way out and no people anywhere on the planet is happy with their governments. People will have to turn more and more evil to survive, this is the time you are in now. This cannot be denied if one looks about to see it.
This "is not" the Armageddon predicted in the book. That is different circumstances at a different time when another flood is predicted. Flood = waters.
I'm not a Theist.

Old Seer

Quote from: billy rubin on February 27, 2021, 05:07:08 PM
seer, why would i worry about being all gone?

what do i have to lose?

added

not a flip question, seer. i'm curious about your larger view
You won't lose if enough people make changes. All have to learn the difference human from inhuman same as animal herd mentality. I've said before (not scolding now) the worlds understanding of "Human" is skewed. There's no such possibility that a body (the physical) is Human. Material cannot be a mental condition/presence, so human is strictly a mental presence. The term "humane" has to relate to a spiritual/mental object, and if so the Human can only be mental. Both can only exist in the same context. Neither one can be human and the other not. We Old Seers have been on this for nearly forty years. We didn't know what to do with it as we knew proof was discovered that the religiona were dead wrong, and might I add dead is correct. Along comes 2008 and the finance bungle. We noticed, not me particularly, the effects a few people had on the entire planet. If those few could cause such hardship and legal world wide robbery the psycho-types got together and knew we had to tell our thing. That is, if people will listen. Our experience is, when one knows what we do one begins to change automatically. When one understands the proper knowledge of "Human" the same also becomes aware when being not. One becomes self adjusting. You won't be able to be a human animal any longer unless you prefer and fight against you're inner "human" Try that and see where it gets you, and anyone else with the same knowledge will know your preference. No one will be able to hide from anyone. That's what Nimrod/civilization did, hide you from yourself. So, if you want change you have to change first, don't wait for others. What you have to lose is yourself. No government will beat without proving to be hypocrites. And we know there's to much of that in government as is.
I'm not a Theist.

Icarus

Those may be a science fiction notion today............but it is not a totally far fetched possibility.  What the hell...Take a look at your IPhone. That thing has magic that was unimaginable 25 years ago.   For example: Siri knows everything there is to know and she will tell you if you ask.  Damn that is scary. Slaughterbots are not so far fetched as we might wish them to be.  Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Musk, all have the wherewithal to work on such things.

I can fantacise that we instruct the bots to Find Q and ....well you know.  Find the worst of the capitol building  insurrectionists and..................... Has my imagination  gone amuck? Yeah, probably. 

Dark Lightning

FWIW, there are already videos of guys with drones (radio-controlled, ofc) who have armed them with shot shells and shot at things. I've seen that sort of video, years ago. AI is pretty far away from that, but a machine could have a preset routine installed in memory that could execute a rudimentary program. I wrote number-crunching code decades ago, and some of the improvements in said coding are simply breathtaking, 20 years later.

Randy

I don't quite know what to think of this. Obviously the United States will try to build one before the other nations. Would this be considered a weapon of mass destruction?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

Randy

I noticed in the video that all they showed was the drones flying. Not one fired a single shot. Also I think the video was from 2016 so they've had five years to improve on it.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Recusant

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 28, 2021, 01:11:40 AM
FWIW, there are already videos of guys with drones (radio-controlled, ofc) who have armed them with shot shells and shot at things. I've seen that sort of video, years ago. AI is pretty far away from that, but a machine could have a preset routine installed in memory that could execute a rudimentary program. I wrote number-crunching code decades ago, and some of the improvements in said coding are simply breathtaking, 20 years later.

There was a fellow (or team, rather) making CGI videos supposedly showing drones armed with automatic weapons. Of course the laws of physics were ignored, but it made for intriguing viewing. I haven't checked back to see if he's still on YouTube--he uses a fake Russian/Eastern European accent.

It's not out of the realm of possibility though. A gun with minimum recoil might work for single shots. However I think a drone trying to hold a bead on a target with even short bursts couldn't deliver enough power to the props quickly enough to counteract the propulsive effect of bullets being sent on their way.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Recusant on February 28, 2021, 03:04:49 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 28, 2021, 01:11:40 AM

There was a fellow (or team, rather) making CGI videos supposedly showing drones armed with automatic weapons. Of course the laws of physics were ignored, but it made for intriguing viewing. I haven't checked back to see if he's still on YouTube--he uses a fake Russian/Eastern European accent.

It's not out of the realm of possibility though. A gun with minimum recoil might work for single shots. However I think a drone trying to hold a bead on a target with even short bursts couldn't deliver enough power to the props quickly enough to counteract the propulsive effect of bullets being sent on their way.

Agreed. I think that that drone got off one shot, in the video I saw. It has been several years, so I'll bet that the tech has improved since then.

Also, purely in a physics sense, the little bots are going to have have a fair amount of mass, in order to ensure that they don't just flutter back when the explosive charge goes off. If one sets a box of ammunition off, for instance, the brass casings and slugs just kind of bounce around. Holding the casing in the chamber and keeping the slug in the barrel long enough to get up to speed require a comparatively much heavier firearm. In the case of the alleged "SlaughterBots", if a needle-sized projectile was used, it could do serious damage, but not necessarily immediate death. That's why that vignette was "Science Fiction". :smilenod: