It's my way or the highway: Christians and atheists in religious road row

Started by Tank, March 21, 2012, 06:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on March 21, 2012, 08:51:07 PM
In this way, yes, kind of.  In order to challenge a stupid waste of time ritual, they perform their own time wasting ritual?  I'm with Crow et all on this one.  There are more fun ways to spend a Sunday than washing a road.   Like engaging in some form of pre, post, or intra-married sex, or going to Ikea.  Abusing your signifigant other (either in the bedroom or at Ikea) has about as much of an effect on whether sinners ride into town as road washing, and is way more fun.

Ikea abuse. Know the signs.  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Crow

Retired member.

Stevil

In this way, yes, kind of.  In order to challenge a stupid waste of time ritual, they perform their own time wasting ritual?
Merely a public piss-take expression of disbelief, ridicule the ridiculous, laugh at the laughable, disrespect the disrespectable.

If religious people are free to express their beliefs then surely the non religious are free to express their non belief.

I personally wouldn't have been bothered, but that's just me.

Ali

Quote from: Stevil on March 21, 2012, 11:13:02 PM
In this way, yes, kind of.  In order to challenge a stupid waste of time ritual, they perform their own time wasting ritual?
Merely a public piss-take expression of disbelief, ridicule the ridiculous, laugh at the laughable, disrespect the disrespectable.

If religious people are free to express their beliefs then surely the non religious are free to express their non belief.

I personally wouldn't have been bothered, but that's just me.

Well of course they're free to!  I'm certainly not arguing that I think it should be against the law for atheists to wash annointed roads.  I just think that both annointing and washing annointed roads is a rather pointless waste of time. 

Stevil

Quote from: Ali on March 21, 2012, 11:35:05 PM
Well of course they're free to!  I'm certainly not arguing that I think it should be against the law for atheists to wash annointed roads.  I just think that both annointing and washing annointed roads is a rather pointless waste of time. 
I agree with you. I have done many time wasting activities in my life, but have never been bothered to do any annointing or de-annointing activities.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

DeterminedJuliet

I think it's just way too easy to troll these kinds of Christians. Some of them take it SO seriously. I do admit, I find it a little amusing.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Anne D.

Polk Under Prayer (PUP), kind of a funny group name and acronym. Sounds like something out of a mockumentary.

Sweetdeath

I would love to have a big gay orgy on this highway just to piss them off.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 22, 2012, 02:26:13 AM

Yes. A VERY big one. While using their holy anointing oil as a personal lubricant.  :D

Whoops. Was that too much info? *Ahem*

Do these folks even read their bibles? Seriously? Keeping sinners out of the community? Don't they know the bible says THEY are sinners, even though they're Christians? They MUST be part of the Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS) crowd who believe no matter what they do, they're still in God's good books. Any of the folks who took part in that original ceremony ought to be booted out of the community the moment they tell a single lie, say an unkind word, or gossip about anyone, including the atheists. ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Amicale on March 22, 2012, 03:13:33 AM

Yes. A VERY big one. While using their holy anointing oil as a personal lubricant.  :D

Do these folks even read their bibles? Seriously? Keeping sinners out of the community? Don't they know the bible says THEY are sinners, even though they're Christians? They MUST be part of the Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS) crowd who believe no matter what they do, they're still in God's good books. Any of the folks who took part in that original ceremony ought to be booted out of the community the moment they tell a single lie, say an unkind word, or gossip about anyone, including the atheists. ;)

I  just laughed and thought about "holy lube; now scented with strawberries"   xD
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 22, 2012, 04:02:13 AM

I  just laughed and thought about "holy lube; now scented with strawberries"   xD

Sexxxxay!

Not only strawberry, but it sparkles and shimmers and you hear a muted Hallelujah chorus as you rub it on yourself and your lover...

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on March 21, 2012, 06:55:21 PM
I realise that being right is deeply ingrained in the American psyche . . .

Something that needs to be challenged a good dead more than an annointed road.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Too Few Lions

hehe that's a seriously brilliant idea!

Guardian85

As long as everyone is havig fun, why make a big deal out of this?
Personally I think my Sunday morning would be better spent in dreamland, motorboating with Jessica Alba (and I am NOT talking about sailing!).  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-