News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

You might try the simple and cheap, over the counter; Polysporin. It is a Johnson and Johnson anti infection ointment.  You can use it on all sorts of boo boos. Use it as instructed on the tube and avoid getting it into your eye. Eyelid OK.  The ingredients are Bacitracin zinc and Polymyxin B sulfate.  use one to three times daily.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on January 20, 2021, 11:03:51 PM
You might try the simple and cheap, over the counter; Polysporin. It is a Johnson and Johnson anti infection ointment.  You can use it on all sorts of boo boos. Use it as instructed on the tube and avoid getting it into your eye. Eyelid OK.  The ingredients are Bacitracin zinc and Polymyxin B sulfate.  use one to three times daily.

Bacitracin is on my no-no list because I have a severe sulfa allergy. It would probably make my eye pop out of my skull! *nervous laughter*

Also, unfortunately you need a prescription for all antibiotics in Brazil, even topical creams containing antibiotics. I would need to consult with a doctor to get a prescription, and doctors don't come cheap.  :money:

But my eyelid is looking better this evening. It's less painful and the swelling has gone down. My prayers to His Noodly Lord have worked. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on January 20, 2021, 06:38:07 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on January 20, 2021, 06:33:03 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 20, 2021, 03:52:22 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on January 20, 2021, 02:56:14 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 19, 2021, 11:29:50 PM
My left googly eye has been compromised.  :(  My lower eyelid is painful and swollen.

Blepharitis — you need antibiotic cream.

:panic:

Antibiotic cream is not going to be easy to get without a prescription.  :(

aloe vera

What can Vera do?

She sang a lot during WWII.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 21, 2021, 06:10:08 AM
Quote from: Tank on January 20, 2021, 06:38:07 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on January 20, 2021, 06:33:03 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 20, 2021, 03:52:22 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on January 20, 2021, 02:56:14 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 19, 2021, 11:29:50 PM
My left googly eye has been compromised.  :(  My lower eyelid is painful and swollen.

Blepharitis — you need antibiotic cream.

:panic:

Antibiotic cream is not going to be easy to get without a prescription.  :(

aloe vera

What can Vera do?

She sang a lot during WWII.

Finally somebody bit!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

billy rubin

xSilverPhinx

Icarus

Silver; your rules about antibiotic ointments seem a bit devious.  I can buy Neosporin, Mupirocin, Hydrocortisone, and such, in the dollar store, grocery store, and the pharmacy counter.  What makes me suspect that your physicians are in on the deal to force you to consult them for ordinary first aid ointments?  Must be that damned Bolsonaro guy at work scheming to shaft his people.

If all else fails try the old wives remedy that often works very well............Boric acid solution dribbled into the eye or eye area. It is a  white granule soluble that is reduced in warm water. Simple, cheap, soothing.

Our physicians often write a prescription to a pharmacy for something you can buy over the counter for a lot less money.  To get a common oral antibiotic..say Cephalexin we do have to have a doctors prescription.  To get something like prednasone (not an antibiotic) one needs a doctors prescription. On the other hand it is often prescribed by veterinarians.  It can be bought in pet supply stores for a lot less money than the vet is likely to charge. I reckon that the system is contrived to extract money from we ordinary slobs.

The US drug business is scandalous. How come we can buy whatever identical drug in Canada or Mexico for far less that we can buy it here in the US? ................ I'd better stop. I can get all worked up about this stuff.  Fortunately for me I do not need any prescription drug at all. I am still upset about the cost of medications for people who do need them and so many who have to choose between their meds and sufficient food because of their limited budget.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on January 22, 2021, 02:13:31 AM
Silver; your rules about antibiotic ointments seem a bit devious.  I can buy Neosporin, Mupirocin, Hydrocortisone, and such, in the dollar store, grocery store, and the pharmacy counter.  What makes me suspect that your physicians are in on the deal to force you to consult them for ordinary first aid ointments?  Must be that damned Bolsonaro guy at work scheming to shaft his people.

If all else fails try the old wives remedy that often works very well............Boric acid solution dribbled into the eye or eye area. It is a  white granule soluble that is reduced in warm water. Simple, cheap, soothing.

Our physicians often write a prescription to a pharmacy for something you can buy over the counter for a lot less money.  To get a common oral antibiotic..say Cephalexin we do have to have a doctors prescription.  To get something like prednasone (not an antibiotic) one needs a doctors prescription. On the other hand it is often prescribed by veterinarians.  It can be bought in pet supply stores for a lot less money than the vet is likely to charge. I reckon that the system is contrived to extract money from we ordinary slobs.

The US drug business is scandalous. How come we can buy whatever identical drug in Canada or Mexico for far less that we can buy it here in the US? ................ I'd better stop. I can get all worked up about this stuff.  Fortunately for me I do not need any prescription drug at all. I am still upset about the cost of medications for people who do need them and so many who have to choose between their meds and sufficient food because of their limited budget.
I need nine prescription drugs and chemo drugs. It gets very expensive!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

snow.

didn't work yesterday because the snow was too deep.

normally i show up at work at 0600. today at 0230 my telephone says don't come in until 0800.

then at 0700 it says, don't come in until 1000.

so i come in at 1000and they say go to westhawk, then campbell, then alpha, then lepley, take the water to the frac job at hendershot.

i say westhawk is out. i couldn't get in there even with chains last time. i'll do that last, maybe.

so i go to the campbell, or try to. get to the last township road and i say, doesn't look too bad. so i go in and come over a rise. snow looks pretty bad. but i can't turn around on a road very little wider than my truck, so i gun it and get almost to the top of the hill and the wheels all start to spin.

not cool, because if they break loose i go back down the hill sideways until something bad happens.

so i stopped in the middle of the road and put on the chains. brand new. and then very slowly inch backwards down the hill, six inches at a time, for about 500 feet. get to the bottom. from here it's uphill either way to get out, no matter what. lik ebeing a marble rolling around in teh bottom of a mixing bowl. but i say, well, lets see if i can back up and out now.

so i head backwards up the slope and get  . . . almost to the top so i floor it to redline 2500 rpm and get almost there and  . . . spin out again. by this time there is a farmer at the bottom in his ute, carefully staying out of the way while he sees whether i'm going to seriously hurt myself. i inch forwards to the bottom and say hello, let him by, and try it again.

no go. rev limiter in reverse is only about 10 mph, and i can't get enough momentum to climb the last 30 feet. so i go back down to bottom and consider.

finally i say okay, we'll do it, and flip the gearbox into high range and go for it again, except this time i'm barrelling backwards up the snow covered road at some 20 or 25 mph, which is faster than i usually go on these roads forwards without any snow.

but the chains hold until i crest the hill, when i finally feel them slip away. but by that time i'm on top.

so i back out another quarter mile to the blacktop and take the chains off.

i call in. campbell is impassable. heading for alpha.

alpha wasn't as bad. didn't break traction until he last twenty feet and just spun my way into the pad with the last of the inertia.

the rest of the day was similar.

Icarus

That's a hard way to do your job Billy.