News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Happy New Orbit Day!!!

Started by Tank, July 25, 2021, 08:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Hope you will have many more!
:party:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

Didn't we do this last year?

Dark Lightning

Tank

Quote from: No one on July 25, 2021, 01:55:14 PM
Didn't we do this last year?

And the year before that and the year before  and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that...
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

No one

Then why do we need to keep repeating it?

Recusant

:lol:  Thank you, Tank, hermes2015, Dark Lightning, No one, and all.  8)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Recusant...

You will always be my favorite, "infidel barbarian."
:hug:
Have a beautiful day.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on July 26, 2021, 01:05:34 PM
Quote from: No one on July 25, 2021, 06:59:48 PM

Tradition.

And...

QuoteBirthdays were first considered to be a pagan ritual in Christian culture. In Christianity, it is believed that all people are born with "original sin." That, in combination with early birthdays being tied to pagan gods, led Christians to consider birthdays to be celebrations of evil.Feb 3, 2017

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

this guy:

Mr. Pam:
Tradition

That's how you get cults.

xSilverPhinx

Recusant! Happy Belated Birthday!  :frolic: :party: :frolic:

I hope you had a great one! :grin:

(Great gif for the occasion, Tank! Love it. ;D)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Happy birthday for an important gentleman.

Recusant

Why, thank you Magdalena, xSilverPhinx, and Icarus! I was working on my birthday, but it was easy work and more or less pleasant--ring steward at a dog show. Completing another orbit is an occasion for celebration, so I did some of that as well.  :smokin cool:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Recusant on July 27, 2021, 08:08:31 AM
Why, thank you Magdalena, xSilverPhinx, and Icarus! I was working on my birthday, but it was easy work and more or less pleasant--ring steward at a dog show. Completing another orbit is an occasion for celebration, so I did some of that as well.  :smokin cool:

Ye?

Celebration:1) A joyful occasion for special festivities to mark some happy event
I think not, not after your 21st anyway.

2) Any joyous diversion
Hmm, maybe joyous for we others but surely not for the incrementally older

3) The public performance of a sacrament or solemn ceremony with all appropriate ritual
Ye, that's more like it, that's what birthdays are.

Solemn commiserations Rec

I find it disturbing, the planets don't don't seem to be in a plane around old Sol, they appear to be all over the place.

Quote from: No one on July 25, 2021, 06:59:48 PM

If you fall out of orbit the sun moves on, it gets dark, there's no wifi.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.