News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

icmpeachment of donald john trump

Started by billy rubin, January 14, 2021, 12:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 17, 2021, 04:45:57 AM
Quote from: Randy on January 17, 2021, 04:02:40 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 17, 2021, 03:58:49 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on January 17, 2021, 03:23:20 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 17, 2021, 02:14:51 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on January 17, 2021, 12:57:22 AM
lol

dirty old men

It's a gift. :smilenod: I would like to meet Hermes in person, he strikes me as a real Renaissance Man, which I strove to be over my lifetime, perhaps with not as much success.

Thank you for that flattering comment, but I fear you would be disappointed. I genuinely see myself as one-dimensional, and therefore rather boring. My interests are mainly in the visual arts, music, design, and architecture, so I cannot contribute meaningfully to most party conversations and come across as a cold observer.

Get a couple of drinks in you, you could be fun. I'm pretty much the same way until I get a couple of drinks in. :beers:
Yeah Hermes, get four dimensional for us!

So, you want me to disappear? If I move around in the 4th dimension, I will go to another time.
:snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

lol

dirty old men

It's a gift. :smilenod: I would like to meet Hermes in person, he strikes me as a real Renaissance Man, which I strove to be over my lifetime, perhaps with not as much success.

Thank you for that flattering comment, but I fear you would be disappointed. I genuinely see myself as one-dimensional, and therefore rather boring. My interests are mainly in the visual arts, music, design, and architecture, so I cannot contribute meaningfully to most party conversations and come across as a cold observer.

Get a couple of drinks in you, you could be fun. I'm pretty much the same way until I get a couple of drinks in. :beers:

So, you want me to disappear? If I move around in the 4th dimension, I will go to another time.
Not at all. I want you to get four dimensional. Become a tesseract!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

hermes2015

Quote from: Randy on January 17, 2021, 06:46:53 PM
lol

dirty old men

Not at all. I want you to get four dimensional. Become a tesseract!

Thank you, my friend.  :hug:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Randy

I read in the news today that
Quote"I think he's been held accountable in the court of public opinion already," [Senator] Cornyn said when asked if the Senate should take any actions, arguing it would set a "dangerous precedent" to convict a former President.

Full story here

OJ Simpson was held accountable in public opinion too but he's still out golfing. I think the republicans (majority of them) don't want to clean their hands of this piece of dirt called "Trump".
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

as it currently stands the impeachment is dead in teh water. the republicans came to thier senses and realized that donald trump still held the proximate reins to the republican party.

kevin mccarthy, the house minority leader, changed his condemnation to milquetoast and flew to florida to kiss trumps ass ring . . .

the rest are now stating thatthe impeachment trial is uncobnstitutional, thereby allowing themselves the opportunity to avoid a difficult vote for or against him.

the kicker is that donald trump:

a) could not muster s enough support to be elected

b) could not muster enough support to hold the senate.

c) could not muster enough enough support to take the house

. . . and yet the reppublicans still bow to kiss his ass. the reason is obvious. while trump cannot win a national election voted on by the general populace, he can still influence primaries, which are generally voted on mostly by the rabid true-believers.

so while trump cannot hold the senate, he can choose who will get the chance to run as a republican in ay forthcoming senate election . . .

the republicans aren't stupid. they are simply corrupt. as soon as trump loses enough influence for them to throw him out of the sleigh, they will, but that tim eis not yet .

look for a farce of fake self-righteous indignation in the senate trial, and then four years of cold analysis while the republicans decide whether to keep trump on as a real leader, as a figurehead, or to retire him to the statuary hall

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

It's enough to make one disgusted, disillusioned, disappointed, and disheartened by the whole political process.  I hereby dis the whole thing.

billy rubin

well the theatre just got more comedic. with8 days to go, all five of trumps lawyers bailed on him. apparently he demanded that they defend him with an argument that excused him because the election was stolen. . . .

then tkday he got two new ones, with one week to gin up a defence.

im guessing it will be a poor defence due to lack of preparation, andCD will make the senate republicans acceptance of it look especially craven.

but shoot, who knows

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Sad but true, both party's representatives have endorsed truth, in the past, mostly. But at this point, the Republican party has sold out and will follow this joker. The reason is simple- he's their only hope for them to keep holding the power. That shit isn't crazy, except to be called crazy smart. People make the mistake of calling him stupid because of the stupid shit he says, but unfortunately, saying stupid shit to the "right"  ::) people gets votes, and thus, offices.

Icarus

The real upsetting problem in not Trump or his Senate toadies. The real problem is the misguided dumb asses that constitute the general public.  How in the the name of hell can John Q, Public not see that the Trump person is a demonstrated psychotic, lying, braggart, racist, neo fascist who invents bullshit facts to suit the occasion.  There are at least 70 odd millions of them out there. Holy Kamoli are those people paying attention to reality at all?  How in hell did we get so many shamefully ignorant people dispersed into our society??????

Not all off the deluded ones are high school dropouts.  Not all of them are stupid either....except with their hard headed adherance to the word of their appointed Lord; Donald

\

Dark Lightning

Yes, there really all that many stupid people out there. I was across the street talking to the neighbor about a table he was building, and he went off with a diatribe about the ineffectiveness of the Covid PCR test. Part of his discourse was about how the test was used on a kiwi fruit, and it tested positive.  :o It's hard to believe that this guy has a college education. In retrospect, I should have asked him if he gargled kerosene to help with a sore throat. It makes as much sense as using the PCR test improperly. The sad part is, he believed that without knowing if that "test" had even been performed. Right wing media has a lot to answer for in this country.

Recusant

Apparently there is a video of some intrepid truth-seeker testing a kiwi fruit. I admit I took a look, but the few seconds I watched of it were lost on me because it's in Italian, and all I intended to do was verify its existence. I did notice that they also tested some berries, and got a positive result from them as well.

Another exemplar of deep thinking tested some Coca-Cola and got the same result, after ignoring the instructions on how to prepare a sample. They've exposed the charade, I tell you.   :cracked:

Or it could be as you say. That misusing a test will break the test, and that all you've done is shown that you really don't understand what you're doing. A positive result from a kiwi fruit doesn't mean the test is ineffective for revealing the presence of the virus. It means that when you use the test on a kiwi fruit you get a positive result, which in turn means nothing.

Either way. I mean, there's two sides to everything, right?

Further reading:

"A kiwi fruit did not test 'positive' for Covid" | Full Fact

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

the number of dumbasses hasnt changed

half of the people you meet onthe street willalways have below average cognitive ability, on any way you choose to measure it. not a big deal, because intelligence is not what makes societies work well. nazi death camp commandants were conniseurs of classical music, after all. what makes them work is cohesion, where people have a common sense of what is important, where they need to go-- together-- and how to get there. we don't have that anymore

what's different right now is a social and political phenomenon. people used to have confidence in the idea that there was a difference between fact and opinon. that isnt reality anymore, and so incorrect views of the real world get as much credibility as correct views.

i think a big part of the problem is the egalitarian ways that information is now avialable. i mean the net. there are still reliable sources of information about anything on th enet, but there isn't any way of distinguishing them from the BS without extra effort.

how many times has somebody told you someweird factoid that you know isn't true, and when you look it up, you discover that it originated compeltely in some two-bit facebook meme?

i just made ^^^this shit up. yet if i posted it on facebook, somebody would take it seriously

billy rubin

go figure. i just posted the last two obvious spoofs on an image site that accepts comments and now i am being reamed out online by people who are telling me that i am foolish to hold such silly ideas.

Icarus

^ which reinforces my own, DL's, and Billy's observation that a lot of us are not too bright.

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on February 02, 2021, 03:23:28 PM
the number of dumbasses hasnt changed

half of the people you meet onthe street willalways have below average cognitive ability, on any way you choose to measure it. not a big deal, because intelligence is not what makes societies work well. nazi death camp commandants were conniseurs of classical music, after all. what makes them work is cohesion, where people have a common sense of what is important, where they need to go-- together-- and how to get there. we don't have that anymore

what's different right now is a social and political phenomenon. people used to have confidence in the idea that there was a difference between fact and opinon. that isnt reality anymore, and so incorrect views of the real world get as much credibility as correct views.

i think a big part of the problem is the egalitarian ways that information is now avialable. i mean the net. there are still reliable sources of information about anything on th enet, but there isn't any way of distinguishing them from the BS without extra effort.

how many times has somebody told you someweird factoid that you know isn't true, and when you look it up, you discover that it originated compeltely in some two-bit facebook meme?

i just made ^^^this shit up. yet if i posted it on facebook, somebody would take it seriously
You mean none of this is true?!?