News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 19, 2021, 09:33:50 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 19, 2021, 09:25:05 PM
Will it rain today?

No.  Red sky on this morning just meant a nice day.

In the UK because of the prevailing winds a red sky in the morning implies rain is on its way.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on October 19, 2021, 10:04:27 PM
Will it rain today?

In the UK because of the prevailing winds a red sky in the morning implies rain is on its way.

I was thinking of the saying "red sky at night, sailors' delight; red sky in the morning, sailors' warning. Maybe that came from the UK.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 19, 2021, 10:52:56 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 19, 2021, 10:04:27 PM
Will it rain today?

I was thinking of the saying "red sky at night, sailors' delight; red sky in the morning, sailors' warning. Maybe that came from the UK.

The version I heard as a child was Red sky at night, shepherds' delight; red sky in the morning, shepherds' warning. But essentially the same thing.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

I have some neighbors from Georgia (the country), but they are ethnic Armenians and speak Russian (and a bit of English).  Recently the wife made me some cabbage rolls and Armenian corn bread with cheese, and introduced me to Adzhika sauce, a spicy pepper salsa that goes great on a meat/cheese sandwich.  I asked her to get me some the next time she shops at a Russian grocery store in Austin. Try it!

billy rubin

jeez i dunno

those things looked like they crawled out of a drive in horror movie to eat my face

set the function, not the mechanism.

Ecurb Noselrub

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on October 25, 2021, 11:10:05 PM
jeez i dunno

those things looked like they crawled out of a drive in horror movie to eat my face

Same thoughts here.

billy rubin

food is weird that way. one nations delicacy is anothers horror

my relatives in oklahoma happily breaded and deep fried for dinner the calf testicles they cut off that morning. well, they  used to anyway. that generation is mostly gone, in my family.

damn. i have just realized that i am the last one.

i do not regret the end of that tradition. or brains. we used to chop the brains out with a hatchet and pop em in a dishpan to take back to the house.

who even knows what a dishpan is these days?

i think ill stop now.

Anne D.

Those cabbage rolls look damn delicious to me. And corn bread with cheese sounds quite tasty too. The food looks similar to stuff my Ukranian friend makes. Always super yummy.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Anne D. on October 27, 2021, 04:14:28 AM
Those cabbage rolls look damn delicious to me. And corn bread with cheese sounds quite tasty too. The food looks similar to stuff my Ukranian friend makes. Always super yummy.

At least someone wasn't disgusted.  Yes, I'm sure that the Ukraine and Georgia share some of the same food culture. Everything my neighbors have made me over the years was very good. The husband makes some kickin' pelmeni, as well.

billy rubin

i wasnt disgusted, but they sort of reminded me of the attack of the giant sweet potato

in hindsight i see the resemblance was not so great, so i retract all my discouraging words

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dark Lightning

I happen to like cabbage rolls. Can't eat that sauce, though. In fact, I have to limit tomatoes. I have a lot less reflux, that way. Them and onions.

Icarus

Having a problem with onions and tomatoes is a cruel curse.  Earlier I made a marvelously delicious salad with cucumber, bell pepper, onion, celery and lots of diced tomatoes.  It was topped with cheddar cheese bits and crispy bacon.   I confess that I am a veggie and fruit freak.  Don't care whether I have red meat at all.

Wanna make some real indigestion fare?  It is good but can come back to haunt you if you use too much oil.     Chop up some veggies like onion, peppers, carrots, and whatever you find in the veggie drawer.  Cut up some red potatoes and boil them in a bit of salt water.  Drain and then mash them. Add a couple of eggs and mix in the veggies. Form the mess into flattened biscuit like parts. Fry them in a one or two tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet.  serve when sufficiently  browned. Tasty and satisfying.

Reserve Pepto Bismol or Tums tablets for later.\ consumption.

hermes2015

That recipe sounds delicious, Icarus. I am so lucky that I could eat half a kilo of your variation on a traditional frittata, along with a few glasses of wine, with no bad effects on my stomach at all. I often have a raw onion and cheese sandwich as a snack and don't experience any problems.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames