The Art and things we've made thread...

Started by Claireliontamer, January 28, 2016, 06:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 13, 2021, 12:57:39 PM
My concrete sculpture has been installed on site, next to the pool. It is approximately life size (2 m long) and needed 4 people to lift it. The patination forms naturally and varies from batch to batch when the concrete is mixed. I liked the colours that developed, so decided to leave the concrete in its natural state.

Wow, Hermes! That's impressive work!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 13, 2021, 12:57:39 PM
My concrete sculpture has been installed on site, next to the pool. It is approximately life size (2 m long) and needed 4 people to lift it. The patination forms naturally and varies from batch to batch when the concrete is mixed. I liked the colours that developed, so decided to leave the concrete in its natural state.

That's amazing! You have a good skill.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

When I wrore a younger man's clothes, I worked for a moving company.

We arrived at this house to pack up, and move ling distance.

It was a gay couple, there are  penises everywhere. Painted penises adorning there walls. Ceramic, marble and other hands carved penises as far as the eye could see. It was a sight, to say the least.

hermes2015

Quote from: No one on March 15, 2021, 07:28:48 AM
When I wrore a younger man's clothes, I worked for a moving company.

We arrived at this house to pack up, and move ling distance.

It was a gay couple, there are  penises everywhere. Painted penises adorning there walls. Ceramic, marble and other hands carved penises as far as the eye could see. It was a sight, to say the least.

Ling distance? Probably more like lingam distance in this case.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

:lol:

I'm reminded of when I was out of work in '92 and the Employment Development Department showed me a requisition for a job, but the gals told me I didn't have to take it. Usually one has to at least interview when they're unemployed. It was for statistical process control in a dildo factory.

"Hmm, is this firm enough, or should we throw it back in the hopper and make a new one?"  ;D

I declined the job, as I didn't feel that I could handle it.

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i would have had to take that job for at least a whhile, just to be able to put it on my resume.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 15, 2021, 02:50:53 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on March 15, 2021, 02:37:22 PM
I declined the job, as I didn't feel that I could handle it.

:snicker1:

I put that there just for you!  :) I knew you'd pick up on it.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on March 15, 2021, 04:22:07 PM
i would have had to take that job for at least a whhile, just to be able to put it on my resume.

Maybe they made inflatable dates. I wonder who road-tested them, if they did? Probably that guy with the cheesy all-day smile.

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on March 15, 2021, 04:22:07 PM

I'd have gone for the interview just for the story!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Are there testers in condom factories?
― Charles Eames