News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

what'ss for dinner?

Started by billy rubin, December 29, 2020, 10:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Street tacos (barbacoa) from a food truck in my home town, and Mexican street corn. 

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 07, 2021, 01:49:50 AM
Street tacos (barbacoa) from a food truck in my home town, and Mexican street corn.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

Since my food is in a bag that is connected to a pump which is connected to my stomach 24 hours per day my meals don't change. But a lot of times I'll pretend it's something else. Tonight it's three tacos, nachos, and that white cheese with some jalapeno slices, and refried beans.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on March 07, 2021, 02:56:54 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 07, 2021, 01:49:50 AM

Oh, it was so good.  There are several places around here that sell street corn. Yum!

billy rubin

dinner!

somebody dropped off three big bags of fresh arugula at work and i snagged one. you cant get that stuff in appalachia in the winter. no idea where it came from

and the lovely wife made egg muffins-- a bit of sausage, onions, carrots, kale, other vegetables, stir it up in a pan and cook the egg in muffin tins. i take three of them with me to work to eat for breakfast, along with the vegetable/tofu stuff i usually eat. not enthusiastic about the meat but i need fat and protein and much of that in plants comes with carbohydrates.

cutting out carbs as much as possible. im at 201 pounds and the target is 185. that will make the leathers loose.

ive got to do serious stretching too. my joints are getting stiff with age and its harder and harder to fold into a racing tuck

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

I am going to make some Jubilaya in the next day or two. Not the Cajun type but the Creole type. Blackeyed peas, smoked sausage with rice and the Holy Trinity.  The trinity according to the creoles, consist of onion, peppers and celery. Add the Trinity to the ingredient that  they Pope the Pope. The Pope is the ingredient that consists of plenty of Garlic.

Dark Lightning

Today it's boiled chicken and baked potatoes. I boil the chicken because it's tenderloin pieces from CostCo and has a lot of salt. I've been busy with finishing up the rental house to get it ready for sale, and didn't go to the grocery store, so spuds it was. Now, the toilet that we just set down after the new floor was installed needs to be replaced.  >:(  I told my wife to call a plumber. I'm sick of this crap. I go over there every day to make sure we don't get squatters (it's in LA, it's a real concern) and do a bit here and there.

Anne D.

That arugula looks tasty, billy. Arugula is one of my favorite greens, kind of spicy. Plus it's great b/c it doesn't go bad right away. Husband says it's too bitter. So I get all the arugula to myself. : )

Your jumbalaya sounds yummy too, Icarus.

Dark Lightning

Interestingly, I used to despise arugula for that bitterness. It doesn't seem that way to me, anymore. Taste buds are burned out, I guess.

The Magic Pudding.

This arugula looks like a leafy thing, do people blanch it to lessen bitterness?

billy rubin

i just stuff handfuls of it into my mouth.

its bitter but not that much. i stir fry it into whatever im making- put it in last so it just gets seared a bit

or drop it into soup or pasta or whatever you cook in a pot

put it on egg or onion sandwiches or on quesadillas along with the cheese

but mostly i just stuff it in my mouth like a fool

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: billy rubin on January 06, 2023, 10:50:39 PMdinner!

somebody dropped off three big bags of fresh arugula at work and i snagged one. you cant get that stuff in appalachia in the winter. no idea where it came from

and the lovely wife made egg muffins-- a bit of sausage, onions, carrots, kale, other vegetables, stir it up in a pan and cook the egg in muffin tins. i take three of them with me to work to eat for breakfast, along with the vegetable/tofu stuff i usually eat. not enthusiastic about the meat but i need fat and protein and much of that in plants comes with carbohydrates.

cutting out carbs as much as possible. im at 201 pounds and the target is 185. that will make the leathers loose.

ive got to do serious stretching too. my joints are getting stiff with age and its harder and harder to fold into a racing tuck

Na, I congratulate you on your loyalty to your keyboard but, na, wish as I may, I am not a goat.

billy rubin

the family uses the dining room table to store things so i have given up on it

Dark Lightning

Pretty much the same around here. I have my computer and some other things on the table, so it's mostly my doing.