News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

what have you never done?

Started by billy rubin, May 28, 2023, 07:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Bluenose on June 03, 2023, 03:38:14 AMI have never jumped out of a perfectly serviceable aeroplane, or off a high place with a rubber band tied around my legs, nor have I ever hurtled down the side of a mountain at 60 mph with a couple of planks strapped to my feet...

Me either. That bungee jumping is every bit as bad for a body as skydiving. I had a vitreous separation in my right eye in '04. It's a kind of skin lining the inside of one's eyeball, like that thin "skin" just inside an eggshell. The ophthalmologist told me that the two aforementioned activities are common causes. In my case, it's brought on by a non-spherical eyeball. As for skiing, my preference for not being out in the cold on purpose precluded that activity.

Icarus

Seems like good judgement to me Bluenose. Neither have I jumped from a perfectly good aeroplane nor thought that bungee jumping made any sense at all.

Different people get their rocks off in different ways. The high adventure ones have my blessing and sympathy.

Why I would risk my life trying to Summit Everest, is a question that escapes me entirely. I have done some dumb and seriously dangerous stuff so I have some patience with the ones who take risks that I would not choose to do.  To each his own.

billy rubin

weird how people like doing that stuff

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

Some people like their adrenaline highs. There are easier ways, however. One of them emergency allergy pens, for example. Full of the damned stuff. :smilenod:

Small print: No, I was not being serious and yes, I strongly advise against using epipens for adrenaline kicks.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

I have never done myself any favours in life.

MarcusA

I have never done her or her.

MarcusA

MarcusA

Dying's boring. Time to do something, anything.

MarcusA

MarcusA

I can't say that I have ever written a really good poem.