News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Do you hate the sound of your own voice in a recording?

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, June 15, 2021, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

I do. Here's an article on why some of us feel this way.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/15/health/voice-recording-wellness-partner/index.html

I cringe when I hear a recording of my own voice.

No one

There isn't a single thing I don't hate about myself.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: No one on June 15, 2021, 03:29:33 PM
There isn't a single thing I don't hate about myself.

Well, then I guess you didn't need the article.

Icarus

Yes indeed Bruce.  I do cringe at the sound of my recorded voice.  Damn, I had not known that I sound like a poorly educated guttersnipe.

Lately I have observed that I actually form words in my brain that are of guttural, or often  clipped of proper consonant or vowel sounds.  Words like "there' become 'thur". I am not happy about my fall from grace.

On the other hand, I will be ninety one this month and I might not really give a damn anymore.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Icarus on June 16, 2021, 01:49:26 AM
Yes indeed Bruce.  I do cringe at the sound of my recorded voice.  Damn, I had not known that I sound like a poorly educated guttersnipe.

Lately I have observed that I actually form words in my brain that are of guttural, or often  clipped of proper consonant or vowel sounds.  Words like "there' become 'thur". I am not happy about my fall from grace.

On the other hand, I will be ninety one this month and I might not really give a damn anymore.

At almost 91, the fact that you can form words at all is quite commendable.

billy rubin

lol

90 is an honourable age.

its very difficilt not to have learned a great deal by that time.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

MarcusA

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 15, 2021, 03:06:04 PMI do. Here's an article on why some of us feel this way.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/15/health/voice-recording-wellness-partner/index.html

I cringe when I hear a recording of my own voice.

It's not me on tape. It's some kind of devil.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Dark Lightning

I may've said this here before...when I was in the sixth grade and a reel-to-reel recorder was a novelty, we were offered turns to sing into the mike and listen to the playback. When I offered myself, the teacher told me that I didn't have to, but I insisted. Casey Jones, in case anyone is interested. Horrible flat voice, and I looked around the room at all my classmates in shame. I have prefect pitch and can whistle a tune right on key. I also have a fine countertenor. That same teacher put me in the a cappella part of a school musical, with the girls because of that. Never mind that I was embarrassed about sitting with girls when singing (because of the high pitched voice), I was sitting with girls around me8)

MarcusA

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 25, 2023, 12:43:08 AMI may've said this here before...when I was in the sixth grade and a reel-to-reel recorder was a novelty, we were offered turns to sing into the mike and listen to the playback. When I offered myself, the teacher told me that I didn't have to, but I insisted. Casey Jones, in case anyone is interested. Horrible flat voice, and I looked around the room at all my classmates in shame. I have prefect pitch and can whistle a tune right on key. I also have a fine countertenor. That same teacher put me in the a cappella part of a school musical, with the girls because of that. Never mind that I was embarrassed about sitting with girls when singing (because of the high pitched voice), I was sitting with girls around me8)

Lucky bastard.

MarcusA