News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Minnesota (U.S.) art professor fired for showing art depicting Muhammad

Started by Anne D., January 21, 2023, 02:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I think you'll find that Turkey stopping Sweden joining NATO was what caused the book burning. And Turkey has got the hump about Sweden because they were against Turkey joining the EU.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Also, Sweden has been a bit of a safe harbor for Turkish separatists, terrorists and the like and yes, there is plenty of animosity to go around - to the point where I, for one, am uncertain of how a defencive military alliance including both parties could function, and yet the recent bout of "cold weather" was directly attributed to them pesky Swedes roasting Turkish holy cows - more-or-less literally speaking.

There was a unexplainable Qur'an fire in the Netherlands as well, from what I read - and there be protests in all them unsurprising places. People being injured in protests even.

...It's a book. On fire. Millions more where it came from. It's not like it was endangered or something.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.