News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What next for the great state of Texas?

Started by Icarus, August 22, 2022, 12:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Texas legislators have made a new rule that requires public schools to display any gifts that they receive...from whatever source. It is no surprise that schools across Texas are being presented with large posters that read: In God We Trust.

Families and students with faiths other than Christian are not pleased. Texas legislators argue that: That slogan appears on our coins and paper money.

I suspect that some of the dissenters will present gifts that are rather contrary, maybe even some racy stuff.

billy rubin

this would be a problem, except . . .texas . . .

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

^ Digit! Run that up the flagpole above the religious flag(s).

Asmodean

Nah... Screw symbols and flags. This opens for some good, old-fashioned harmless fun. Send them drugs and dildos, I say. Also, I promise you them kids will be more than happy to visit those exhibits.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

This would be soooo tempting! Copies of the God Delusion anybody?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Books..? Nah. Weapons. The Asmo, when He was but a wee-little ball of clay, would happily spend hours at a place that displayed halberds and swords and even a occasional firearm, hopefully. Getting Him to a library, on the other hand... He read what He was interested in - and skimmed through what He was forced to read. Beyond that, books were... A boring exhibit.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Old Seer

That might be unconstitutional. As I understand it, government has no powers to enforce or create such laws. I expect a constitutional challenge. The state has no say in education other then children must be allowed and/or receive, or have a right to education.  After that it's strictly operated by local residents :) .
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.