Spirituality:

Started by Rift Zone, April 28, 2019, 12:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rift Zone

Quote from: Magdalena on June 27, 2019, 07:34:52 AM
So, Rift Zone, you're an
astrophysicist?

Quote from: Ronrick on May 01, 2019, 11:01:27 PM

I am not a medical or soft scientist, I'm an astrophysicist, who is really fucking good with complex systems that interact non linearly, like physics and dysfunctional human societies. 
autodidact, operate independently from academia, so some may beg to differ, but yes, I am an astrophysicist.   ...a rather capable one.
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Rift Zone

In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Magdalena

^^ :snicker:

Quote from: Rift Zone on June 27, 2019, 08:35:28 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 27, 2019, 07:34:52 AM
So, Rift Zone, you're an
astrophysicist?

Quote from: Ronrick on May 01, 2019, 11:01:27 PM

I am not a medical or soft scientist, I'm an astrophysicist, who is really fucking good with complex systems that interact non linearly, like physics and dysfunctional human societies. 
autodidact, operate independently from academia, so some may beg to differ, but yes, I am an astrophysicist.   ...a rather capable one.
Autodidact?
Interesting.
I've heard that Da Vinci was entirely self-taught, he created many scientific concepts and plans for inventions but they never left the inside of his notebook.  :-\
...But the Mona Lisa... :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Rift Zone

Quote from: Magdalena on June 27, 2019, 07:02:09 PM
I've heard that Da Vinci was entirely self-taught, he created many scientific concepts and plans for inventions but they never left the inside of his notebook.  :-\
Yea, they're out there.   

Magdalena

Speaking of science, philosophy and spirituality, Rift Zone, have you seen the movie, Interstellar? I ask because you mentioned that you think in 4D. (Not sure what this means),  :notsure: but I think it has to do with something I heard in the movie:
"Love transcends dimensions of time and space." And, "Love is quantifiable."
Do you think this is possible?

~•~Just curious.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Rift Zone

Quote from: Magdalena on June 28, 2019, 04:32:24 AM
Speaking of science, philosophy and spirituality, Rift Zone, have you seen the movie, Interstellar? I ask because you mentioned that you think in 4D. (Not sure what this means),  :notsure: but I think it has to do with something I heard in the movie:
"Love transcends dimensions of time and space." And, "Love is quantifiable."
Do you think this is possible?

~•~Just curious.
Na, haven't seen it.   
"Love transcends dimensions of time and space."  -yea, i'll buy that!
"Love is quantifiable."    ...not so sure about that one.
4D just means I'm a little more geeky than most.

Magdalena

Quote from: Rift Zone on June 28, 2019, 07:23:44 AM
How geeky? This geeky? :notsure:

Rift Zone

Quote from: Magdalena on June 28, 2019, 09:18:32 AM

It's worse than that, I'm afraid.

more like this:

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Rift Zone on June 28, 2019, 10:54:41 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 28, 2019, 09:18:32 AM

It's worse than that, I'm afraid.

more like this:

That green guy is annoying.
He's got a point though.
You love your way and I'll love my way.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Davin

Thinking in 4D isn't that big of a deal, normal people do that all the time. Time is the 4th dimension, and we all think about things in terms of time. The roads are filled with a bunch of people thinking and operating in 4D. Thinking in 4D is normal for us humans. It's not often called that, but we also don't go around talking about our 3D feet, or our 3D furniture. Or our 2D wall paper.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Rift Zone

Quote from: Tank on June 28, 2019, 02:01:16 PM
https://rift.zone/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/13220871_1024130580955785_6174850920469881113_n.jpg

Gets blocked by Firefox as a potential security risk ???
dafuq?   that's my site!   SSL is good...  grr.   so not cool.   I'll have to look into that.

Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 28, 2019, 02:02:57 PM

That green guy is annoying.
He's got a point though.
You love your way and I'll love my way.
*shrug*  I didn't choose it!   But it does seem I'm stuck with it.

Quote from: Davin on June 28, 2019, 03:12:01 PM
Thinking in 4D isn't that big of a deal, normal people do that all the time. Time is the 4th dimension, and we all think about things in terms of time. The roads are filled with a bunch of people thinking and operating in 4D. Thinking in 4D is normal for us humans. It's not often called that, but we also don't go around talking about our 3D feet, or our 3D furniture. Or our 2D wall paper.
Cool.  Don't worry about it then.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey