News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Music / Re: What are you listening to?
Last post by billy rubin - Today at 11:18:44 PM
Current Events / Re: Israeli-Hamas war
Last post by Tank - Today at 09:54:51 AM
Quote from: Icarus on April 24, 2024, 12:54:26 AM^ The "openly Jewish" remark could have had a less inflamatory choice of words. Perhaps conspicuously Jewish ? 

Most of the Jews that I know are too smart to get into a situation where angry Palestinians are all a flame.  Seems to me the coppers were only trying to protect the "openly Jewish' man from possible or even probable harm.

Agreed. Knowing he was on camera the copper should have been more circumspect with his choice of words.

This guy was out to cause problems, no question. The coppers action were in my opinion justified and proportionate to the situation.
Last post by Icarus - April 24, 2024, 11:58:40 PM
Huge shitshows occurring on some of our college campuses. Demonstrations opposing aid to Israel are pretty serious at several of our colleges.

I am in partial sympathy with the mostly Palestinian demonstrators. On the other hand I am in entire  agreement with DL....."calm the fuck down". It ain't like the demonstrations will have a positive affect on the situation in Gaza.  This boils down to mere show business no matter how well intentioned the demonstrators may be.

Laid Back Lounge / Re: Game: The Next Person... (...
Last post by The Magic Pudding.. - April 24, 2024, 02:50:39 PM
True
The Nxt is haunted by Christmas past.
Science / Re: All things brain...
Last post by The Magic Pudding.. - April 24, 2024, 01:22:43 PM
Quote from: Recusant on April 23, 2024, 11:37:08 PMI'll probably remember this item, damage be damned. Featuring the hippocampus again.  :seahorse:

I'll try not to, or no more than the gist of the gist.
I think I can use it to advantage.
You said we'd travel when we had more time, how about Europe in May?
Do you realise the damage a trip like that would do to our hippocampuses?
Oh well, there's a new TV series that sounds good.
Hippocampuses.
Detectorists again?
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Jokes Thread (Was named An...
Last post by The Magic Pudding.. - April 24, 2024, 09:27:35 AM
Last post by Dark Lightning - April 24, 2024, 01:58:24 AM
How about all the people on both side who are "openly aflame" calm the fuck down? Nothing is solved by being so, it only exacerbates the situation. Non-citizens of the US (or elsewhere) should just be deported back to wherever they came from. We have enough white supremacists that we can't send away; that's bad enough already.
Last post by Icarus - April 24, 2024, 12:54:26 AM
^ The "openly Jewish" remark could have had a less inflamatory choice of words. Perhaps conspicuously Jewish ? 

Most of the Jews that I know are too smart to get into a situation where angry Palestinians are all a flame.  Seems to me the coppers were only trying to protect the "openly Jewish' man from possible or even probable harm.
Science / Re: "Just One Word: Microplast...
Last post by Dark Lightning - April 24, 2024, 12:51:39 AM
Science / Re: "Just One Word: Microplast...
Last post by Icarus - April 24, 2024, 12:06:23 AM
Some current research indicates that we are ingesting plastic particles that have found their way into foods. Micro and nano particles appear in vegetables and many types of meat. Whether the accumulation of plastic particles in our bodies will kill us is yet to be determined.