News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Thanks Willow. Suspenders in American speak also have an equivalent in hill billy speak. The HB word is gallusses.  Whenever I am in merry old England I will be careful to wear my braces, not suspenders or gallusses.  The ladies used to hold up their hosiery with garters. A ladies undergarmet ,or under pants, used to be called "step ins". Language is fun but it is also fraught with danger when in unfamiliar social circles.

Git, my mental acuity is suffering today. What the hell is FTFY?  Is that a private Brit acronym?.....I am consulting my little pocket sized texting dictionary... Hmmmm, I find FTTB= for the time being, FTL= faster than light, FTBOMH= from the bottom of my heart, FTLOG= for the love of god..... and so on. Damned kids have invented a whole new language with which to baffle hopeless geriatric cases like me. (TISNF = this is so not fair)  :'(

It appears that you are onto them and they'll not defeat you with simplistic alphabetic jargon.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on April 30, 2013, 11:27:35 PM

Git, my mental acuity is suffering today. What the hell is FTFY?  Is that a private Brit acronym?.....I am consulting my little pocket sized texting dictionary... Hmmmm, I find FTTB= for the time being, FTL= faster than light, FTBOMH= from the bottom of my heart, FTLOG= for the love of god..... and so on. Damned kids have invented a whole new language with which to baffle hopeless geriatric cases like me. (TISNF = this is so not fair)  :'(

It appears that you are onto them and they'll not defeat you with simplistic alphabetic jargon.
OG changed Willow's post in the quote and the FTFY=Fixed That For You.

Also FYI
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

OldGit

Asmodean

No, I believe the only thing in there on that particular car is the horn.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Claireliontamer

NoHandlebarsAttached

Pasta Chick

Tank

Tank

Tank

OldGit

ORGANISATIONAL CHART

When top level guys look down, they see only shitheads; When bottom level guys look up, they see only assholes.

Niya

Quote from: OldGit on May 03, 2013, 10:46:00 AM

ORGANISATIONAL CHART

When top level guys look down, they see only shitheads; When bottom level guys look up, they see only assholes.
Hahahaha...nice one git. :D
Not that anyone cares what I say, but the Restaurant is on the other end of the universe." –Marvin
-----
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy