News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Quote from: Asmodean on March 25, 2013, 04:12:49 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 25, 2013, 04:11:27 AM
I'm terrible at maths...they could have added some parenthesis there for clarity.  ???
12. There are none needed. You evaluate multiplication first, then addition. It boils down to three rows of four ones (If you want to simplify it for yourself) with addition being the only operator, that gives rows*columns = 3*4 = 12.

I bow deeply to the great Asmathean!

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Yeah... Pink background and shit... The Asmo would be grumpy too.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

JJ is messing with us.

The universally accepted order of operations goes like this. ......Bracket, Exponent, Multiply, Divide, Add, Subtract. The exception to this order is when an exponent occurs within the bracket then the exponent is dealt with before solving the bracket.  The english language mnemonic for MDAS is; "My Dear Aunt Sally".

Where no brackets (parenthesis) occurs in the example, we are instructed to add all the first eleven digits for a sum of eleven. The twelveth digit is multiplied by zero.  That kills that digit because any number multiplied by zero is zero. Now add the last digit (one) for a sum of 12 which is the correct answer if taken as displayed here.

Now! If the first eleven digits had been enclosed by a bracket and then multiplied by zero the result is zero and the only thing left is the last number one. ...Therefore the answer would be ONE.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Asmodean

Uh... Division is multiplication and substraction is addition. In an evaluation tree, brackets define subtrees that have to be evaluated before their root regardless of what that root is, other than that, you evaluate exponents, multiply and then add.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Claireliontamer

I was always taught BODMAS.... Brackets, Order, Division, Multiplication,  Addition,  Subtraction. So I would divide before multiplying which is different to your mdas.  ???

Claireliontamer

well having googled this I have learned something that I never appreciated before.  10-3+2 is actually 7 and not 5 as you think of the -3 as really adding negative 3. 

Asmodean

Quote from: Claireliontamer on March 28, 2013, 07:10:13 AM
well having googled this I have learned something that I never appreciated before.  10-3+2 is actually 7 and not 5 as you think of the -3 as really adding negative 3. 
Uh... 9.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Asmodean on March 28, 2013, 08:23:34 AM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on March 28, 2013, 07:10:13 AM
Uh... 9.

yes I meant 9!

OldGit

OldGit

I was walking across a bridge the other day and saw a man about to jump.
I said, 'Stop! Don't do it.'
'Why shouldn't I?' he asked.
'Well, are you a Christian?' I asked.
He said: 'Yes.'
I said, 'Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?'
'Protestant'.
'Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?'
'Baptist.'
'Wow! Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?'
'Baptist Church of God.'
'Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?'
'I'm Reformed Baptist Church of God.'
'Amazing. Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?
He said, 'Reformation of 1915.'
I said, 'Die, heretic scum,' and pushed him off the bridge....

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor