Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Quote from: LifeWithDog on April 15, 2021, 06:14:10 AM
Quote from: Icarus on April 15, 2021, 02:22:11 AM
Thanks LWD.  I think that you may be among some people here who do like their canine companions.

I like her more than most people lol. Much more reliable. Would be great if she cleaned up after herself or cooked a meal or two but ill let that pass!
If you could get her to grab you a beer from the refrigerator she'd be perfect enough.  :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

No one

It has been said before, but here it is again:
Dogs rule, humans drool.

Dark Lightning

Lotta truth there, No One. Our dogs are steadily training us apes to serve them better. Our spaniel mix goes and sits on the edge of her bed looking forlorn, until we go over and lay her blankee flat out on the bed. Then she will go into it and trample it to suit her. :lol: This is a multi-daily occurrence.

Bad Penny II

We need a new TV
No we don't.
We need a bigger TV
The 'conomists  'd call that a want
Oh, but we trade out time, our life incrementally for dollars
What better use for our dollar than a bigger better screen?
We could do some travel.. domestically..
Turgenev posits we're the same there as we are here, so why go?
To meet new people and experience new things
But we could stay here in comfort and see there on a 75" UHD screen
I've lost the argument haven't I?
It's getting delivered Wednesday.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

I find it really odd with all the killing that went on in the name of the Christian god that the days retained older names.

billy rubin

conservative quakers dont use them. in my community today is seventh day, 17 fourth month.

some in my meeting also keep to the plain speech.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Why is it that many people seem to love blue PowerPoint slides with lots of yellow text? I've noticed this seems to be a trend especially among older professors...

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

Blue 'n yellow, nearly complimentary,
I think it's yellow purple, orange blue.
But green and red are complimentary
but you have to be sparing with reds
I don't really get it, blueish/yellowish
It's safe, use it, don't ask questions
pretend you're in tune with the hues

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 30, 2021, 02:33:42 PM
Blue 'n yellow, nearly complimentary,
I think it's yellow purple, orange blue.
But green and red are complimentary
but you have to be sparing with reds
I don't really get it, blueish/yellowish
It's safe, use it, don't ask questions
pretend you're in tune with the hues

It should be against the law to combine those two colours in a slide, and as punishment, perps should be made to read loads of yellow text in a blue backgound. :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

we all used to use blue backgrounds. i cant remember why, except that i think it was because  we used color print negatives in handmade paper slides, and blue was the negatice.

i used to photograph fossils in 32 asa black and white  panatomic x and asa 16 kodachrome color film. making slides from the negatives reversed the colors in spooky ways

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tom62

Blue screens with yellow texts? That reminds me of my two old MS-DOS programming pals, Turbo Pascal and Turbo Basic.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Bad Penny II

I've been thinking about vaccine hesitancy, it is a problem here.
Virtually no one gets Covid so no one is dying.
There hasn't been much vaccination yet but there has been a couple of blood clot demises.
Who calls it the jab? we do, UK does I think.
A major campaign to popularise vaccination is needed.

This is a jabiru

Jabie Jabiru, all I have to do is kit her out with a bandoleer full of syringes.
This could be my chance to make it big, to become as rich as Bruce.

billy rubin

electricity.

when it rains, my tailights short out and blow the fuse. when its dry theyre fine. hard to troubleshoot.

rained hard yesterday, and today before dawn the lights didnt work. i said, trailer or tractor? so i unhooked the electrical pigtail from tbe trailer, replaced the fuse, and turned on the lights.

they were fine. aha, i said, its the trailer. so i turned the lights off  plugged in the pigtail, and turned em on again, waiting for the fuse to blow.

excrpt it didnt, and the lights are working fine. so i still dont know what it is.

this old truck is full of quirks. theres a slow leak in one of the drive tires sp i have to pump it back up every week or so. the air horn lanyard broke so i have a piece of baling wire stuck in there to make it go, because the city horn doesnt work at all. lights on the dash go out but come back when i tap on em. the AI camera on tbe windshield keeps getting unstuck and hangs down, then my company calls to ask why the AI says im tailgatng my dashboard

but everything i need to work to make money works, and i go home next first day for a week

jumbojak

Have one of your kids spray the truck or trailer down with a hose while you wait for the fuse to blow. Do it in sections and you can narrow down the problem.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

in a better world that would work, but my road is too narrow to turn the trailer arpund and get back out. the only way to do it is to turn around at a Y about a quarter mile off and back down the road. so i park tbe trailer about 20 miles away and just bobtail to the house. still, if its the tractor that will do it, so ill give it a try

i saturated the pigtail connections with WD40 on top of the dielectric grease i.put in the other day snd its srill working . . .

rain forecast for this afternoon, so maybe ill see. fuses are expensive. $3.50 for a box of 10 and theres a single 30 A fuse in each one. cant park at any auto parts places