News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Are You Ready For The Zombie Invasion?

Started by xSilverPhinx, April 12, 2020, 09:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

Quote from: Icarus on May 14, 2020, 06:26:28 AM
You guys are great fun......but did anyone look at the link about flying spiders?  If you are aracniphobic (sp)  then you may ignore the link.

"Palmetto bug" is an euphemism for the huge cockroaches with whom Floridians conduct a war.  We used to be able to get a chemical called Dursban which was highly effective against all sorts of entomolgical mini beasties.  Too bad that it is toxic to humans and has been withdrawn from the market. In my case my small six inch lizards do the job pretty well. ............If this sounds like a reason not to move to Florida, You are correct. We natives are pleased to regale you with all kinds of discouraging bad shit like roaches, alligators, Pythons, giant monitor lizards who eat dogs and cats, mosquito swarms, extreme summer heat (which is not true) and traffic congestion which is unfortunately true.  Natives used to display signs along the roadside which read: Yankee go home.  Now we have signs that say: Yankee bring money.

Carry on with the zombie discourse.............

jeez dursban was as bad as lorsban

tbat stuff was not user friendly

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on May 14, 2020, 09:33:26 AM
Quote from: Icarus on May 14, 2020, 06:26:28 AM
You guys are great fun......but did anyone look at the link about flying spiders?  If you are aracniphobic (sp)  then you may ignore the link.

"Palmetto bug" is an euphemism for the huge cockroaches with whom Floridians conduct a war.  We used to be able to get a chemical called Dursban which was highly effective against all sorts of entomolgical mini beasties.  Too bad that it is toxic to humans and has been withdrawn from the market. In my case my small six inch lizards do the job pretty well. ............If this sounds like a reason not to move to Florida, You are correct. We natives are pleased to regale you with all kinds of discouraging bad shit like roaches, alligators, Pythons, giant monitor lizards who eat dogs and cats, mosquito swarms, extreme summer heat (which is not true) and traffic congestion which is unfortunately true.  Natives used to display signs along the roadside which read: Yankee go home.  Now we have signs that say: Yankee bring money.

Carry on with the zombie discourse.............

jeez dursban was as bad as lorsban

tbat stuff was not user friendly

When I was about 11, my dad sprayed a black widow spider with Black Flag from his flit gun. The spider kind of wiped the stuff off and walked away. Must have been a zombie. That's when it got the shoe. If I spot them around my home I spray them with paint. It's immediately lethal. Of course, they have to be in a position so that I don't have various colored paint spots on the walls.

Randy

Quote from: Tank on May 14, 2020, 07:40:24 AM
Quote from: Randy on May 14, 2020, 01:00:16 AM
QuoteHeh  ;D Seems like a couple of things I did that I never told my parents.  :sidesmile: Some things are better left unsaid. :grin:

:notsure: Looking back, it's a good thing my mother didn't let me use the chemistry set. As an adult I am a disaster at mixing solutions in the lab and trying old cooking recipes I should have mastered by now.

I'm glad I grew up to be a software engineer. I don't think anyone would allow me near a lab. As for old cooking recipes, I used to make mine up as I went along. I found that no matter how bad it got you could always add cheese on top and melt it.  :lol:

Hi Randy.

It would be appreciated if you would leave the quote tags intact otherwise we lose track of who said what. Cheers :)

I'm sorry, Tank. Consider me slapped on the wrist.  :redface:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on May 13, 2020, 06:04:19 AM
Arachnids are zombies too. I actually like them and almost never try to kill them.  They do some good stuff like ridding my house of insects of a different sort. Very few spiders are aggressive.  Treat them as strange little friends, or just ignore them.

Who knew that spiders can fly?  Well not exactly fly but they can travel long distances in the air.  Like looooong distances.  Take a look at this Atlantic blurb.  https://getpocket.com/explore/item/spiders-can-fly-hundreds-of-miles-using-electricity?utm_source=pocket-newtab

I also have lots and lots of little lizards who are welcome around my house and yard.  I live in Florida where any claim that you do not have roaches in your house is a damned lie.  My lizards keep my digs almost entirely free of those prehistoric bugs. Ecological stuff is cool.

I saw the picture with a link on DuckDuckGo. I immediately tried to enter something into the search bar and get off that page. I have arachnophobia in a bad way.

When I see one of the little critters, on a picture, in my room, the word written down somewhere, or on an 8-bit pixel game from thirty years ago, my heart races, my adrenaline rushes, and the fight-or-flight syndrome kicks into overdrive. I've got it in a bad way.

When I was around seven or eight years old (give or take a year), I lived in Oklahoma. One day, my father came out with some lighter fluid and lighter, and went to this hole in the ground which was where a tarantula lived. He sprayed the lighter fluid into the hole and immediately this ugly black creature came out, nice and wet.

My father tried to get his lighter going while the tarantula started crawling towards him. Dad stepped back still trying to get the lighter going. Finally, he lit it and the thing became a walking bonfire! I was never so scared in my life as I was that day. I think that's where my fear comes from but I'm not sure. I was pretty young then.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Recusant

That definitely sounds traumatizing. I sympathize with you as a young fellow who watched that performance, and I certainly sympathize with the spider.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Randy on May 14, 2020, 06:54:23 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 14, 2020, 07:40:24 AM
Quote from: Randy on May 14, 2020, 01:00:16 AM
QuoteHeh  ;D Seems like a couple of things I did that I never told my parents.  :sidesmile: Some things are better left unsaid. :grin:

:notsure: Looking back, it's a good thing my mother didn't let me use the chemistry set. As an adult I am a disaster at mixing solutions in the lab and trying old cooking recipes I should have mastered by now.

I'm glad I grew up to be a software engineer. I don't think anyone would allow me near a lab. As for old cooking recipes, I used to make mine up as I went along. I found that no matter how bad it got you could always add cheese on top and melt it.  :lol:

Hi Randy.

It would be appreciated if you would leave the quote tags intact otherwise we lose track of who said what. Cheers :)

I'm sorry, Tank. Consider me slapped on the wrist.  :redface:

:snicker1:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

i dunno

i love spiders. especially the little jumping ones with the little wizard faces.

but ive taken some nasty bitez too.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."