News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: billy rubin on March 15, 2022, 11:57:49 PM
^^^this is a much more profound question than it seems at first.

i have seen many amazing things, so many that its hard for me to single something out.

i have seen a mid air collision in the sky over arizona , that killed seven people in the fireball before it crashed to the ground.

i have sat on the edge of a sheer 400 foot cliff in the sierra ancha and watched lightining ignite a fire in the desert below.

i have followedthe progress of a transatlantic flight on a map, said to myself, greenland should be visible now, looked out the window and watched its southern tip slide into the distance

i have leaned over the rai of a mudboat heading out to sea and watched the porpoises dancing in the bow wave among the scintilla of countless plankton sparkling inte water

i have walked among the sea anenomes and starfish of the cold northern pacific and picked up the sea cucumbers from the black sands of the south china sea

and all that crap. whats amazing? i dunno. this whole question deserves its own thread, bruno. its too interesteing

the NP has been surprised totally naked in a place where he should not have been totally naked.

Billy, I would say that yes, you have seem a number of things in your life based on the descriptions above which are truly
amazing, and again I think yes, they would all stop a normal person dead in their tracks...I like the examples you give because they touch on a number of emotions. The first one was sad and horrifying, the second beautiful and poetic, the third a moment of mental clarity, the fourth and fifth are examples of the amazing beauty and variety of life on our planet.

Thanks for sharing, and yes we need a thread dedicated to this, butt what do we call it?

True, in fact I have to pick one example to share as this has happened to me more than once. I had spent the night at a girlfriends apartment which she shared with a friend of hers who was out of town for the weekend. We had gotten up in the morning, and since we had the apartment to ourselves I was walking around naked, and had gone into the kitchen to get us both something to drink...we had some music on loud, and the girlfriend was awake, but still in bed.
The roommates parents had a key to the apartment for some reason, and had decided to stop by at 10am in the morning to drop off some stuff for their daughter who was out of town.
They walked into the kitchen only to find me standing there naked, pouring orange juice into glasses, while gyrating to the music.
I had never met them before, so my initial response was one of fear and anger...I said something like, "Who the fuck are you, and what the fuck are you doing here"!
Roommate later told us that her parents were as upset and pissed off at my language, as they were at my nakedness.

TNP has been caught "Doing It"!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

Yes, by my step-daughter from my first marriage. As I recall, we were under the sheets, so I'm not sure any damage was done.

TNP has crossed some international border illegally.

Tom62

False. A friend of mine however did. He sneaked across the former DDR border, hidden in the trunk of a car.

TNP needs a good massage.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tom62 on March 22, 2022, 06:06:03 AM

TNP needs a good massage.

OMG!!

You must be psychotic, I mean psychic!

I was literally thinking about this on the way to the office this morning as I was driving past a Spa I have frequented in the past...haven't been there in over two years since the pandemic started, and I was thinking I need to pay them a visit sometime this spring, and treat myself to a nice long massage.

TNP has been to a psychic and gotten a reading.

Ecurb Noselrub

False, but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

I am pissed at weather people because they always say shit like "it's 92 degrees, but it feels like 100 because of the humidity", or "it's 41 degrees, but it feels like 32 because of the wind."  And then when it is 100 or 32 it always "feels like" something else. Does anyone really know what it just "feels like" to be a certain temperature?

TNP knows what it actually feels like to be 62 degrees.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 08, 2022, 09:32:56 PM
False, but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

I am pissed at weather people because they always say shit like "it's 92 degrees, but it feels like 100 because of the humidity", or "it's 41 degrees, but it feels like 32 because of the wind."  And then when it is 100 or 32 it always "feels like" something else. Does anyone really know what it just "feels like" to be a certain temperature?

TNP knows what it actually feels like to be 62 degrees.

True I do. 62 degrees is compliment to 28 degrees....one must use the following equation to determine this: Complement of x° = 90° - x

The next person has had an old-fashioned RootBeer Float, in a Five & Dime Store, while sitting at the counter on a groove-ring stool with a fountain base...stool seat has to be red.

Icarus

Only a few of us are old enough to have done that Bruno.  Five and dime stores, always with a lunch counter and soda fountain, have gone the way of buggy whips. So have five and dime prices I might add.

TNP is not aware that five and dime stores like S.H. Kress and F.W. Woolworth, actually existed in almost every city and town in the whole US of A

Ecurb Noselrub

I am aware. My town was too small, but it did have a pharmacy that had a real soda fountain, and I would get a malt there on occasion. Today, that soda fountain is a bar, and the pulls give real beer, not root beer.

TNP has seen Old Faithful in Yellowstone erupt.

Tom62

True, that was quite spectacular to watch

TNP has special plans for the Easter holidays
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ecurb Noselrub

True, we are getting out of town for a weekend spring trip. Nothing to do with Easter, but it happens then.

TNP once owned a cell phone that about a foot long with the antenna.

Bluenose

True, one of the Motorola "brick" analogue phones

TNP has bought CD versions of all their favourite LPs, but now only listens to the MP3 versions
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Anne D.

False, I'm in a no man's land of listening to vinyl, tapes, CDs, and Spotify and still buying CDs and sometimes vinyl.

TNP is dying Easter eggs this weekend.

Dark Lightning

Not fucking likely! I will, however, be turning a boneless leg of lamb on a spit on Sunday. Yummay!

TNP uses mint jelly on "lamb". It's in quotes because sometimes that "lamb" is a little long in the tooth, so to speak.

Bluenose

False, I prefer rosemary jelly on my lamb, hoggit or mutton

TNP has never had a roast cooked in a camp oven (dutch oven) over an open fire
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

True

TNP has cooked and eaten a hedgehog?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.