News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Simone Biles

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, August 11, 2019, 02:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Icarus

Go Simone.  She is an astounding athlete. 

Dark Lightning

:o WOW. All I've ever done on a balance beam was fall off.  :(

Tank

Is this it?

The first link didn't show a video as far as I could see.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzdDu7ZHz8

Here it is.  She actually had some stumbles early in the routine, but the dismount was the killer.

jumbojak

I wish I was that strong and coordinated.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 12, 2019, 12:52:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzdDu7ZHz8

Here it is.  She actually had some stumbles early in the routine, but the dismount was the killer.

Yep, that's the one.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Ecurb Noselrub

Simone just won her 7th US Championship. She keeps getting better and inventing moves no one has ever done. Amazing.

Ecurb Noselrub

Icarus

She may not win gold.  I am a sure enough fan of Simone but fear that she could easily fall from the top of her world. One mistake is all it would take. .  I secretly want her her not to compete at this event.  When you are at the top of the world there is only one direction you can go.

Ecurb Noselrub

Looks like she got injured and is withdrawing.  Boo and boo-hoo.

Icarus

We have learned that Simone removed herself from competition. Later we learned that she was suffering from a mental/physical problem that is the fear of all gymnasts.  It is called by gymnasts, the "Twisties".  That is a condition where the gymnast losers the sense of presence while doing aerial flips and twists. They do things, or fail to do things while in the air, that was never intended or choreographed. A very dangerous and debilitating state of mind.

She was completely logical in her withdrawal.  Her second best, Suni Lee, has won the all around
gold medal title. . Elite Athletes everywhere came to her defense and praised her as a hero for having the good sense to remove herself from competition.  Meanwhile a few ignorant assholes have claimed that she has disgraced the nation by "quitting". Those are the assholes who have never competed in a world championship or an Olympic trial.  Chances are that they have never participated in any athletic endeavor except masturbation.

Dark Lightning

Well said, Icarus. If I lose concentration while driving a vehicle, I take a break. I can't imagine losing it in midair. I still distinctly remember PE class when I was 12, and the teacher had me try a summersault on the trampoline. I wasn't even steady, just jumping up and down. But I tried, and landed on my head. Lucky to be alive, actually. He wanted me to try again, but I just said, "Fail me", and crawled off the trampoline. These gymnasts are simply awesome with what they can do. Those right wing assholes can go jump off a bridge.