News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Quote from: billy rubin on July 30, 2023, 11:48:15 PMtom, how many languages can you deal with?

I can deal with 4 languages. Dutch (mother tongue), English, German and (basic) French.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

Is Good Omens... Good?

It's some sort of a light-hearted angels and demons thing, yes?

I seem to remember someone here watch it, and wondering if it's worth giving a try..?

Pudds, was it you perchance?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Yes I enjoyed both series and the book. It's a whimsical fantasy about a daemon and an angel who while not strictly friends find common cause in survival when God decides to shut down the Universe as a bad idea. Series one is based on the book. Series two is a stand alone work.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

Asmodean

Who says an monster truck can't be all eco-friendly and evil?! The Asmo approves. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding..

The Wheel of Time gets worse and worse, they just killed Uno, I never imagined him so small.
I sympathise with someone who said they'd read the books more than once didn't know what the fuck is going on.
Hurin's role has subsumed/merged with Elyas.  :(
Lan, the toughest roughest hardest man in the world has been made a wimp. :o
Egwene, a great beauty. Princes, the most beautiful and gifted of men, they will strive to impress her. She is played by an ugly woman with growths on her nose.
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on September 20, 2023, 01:49:53 PMThe Wheel of Time gets worse and worse, they just killed Uno, I never imagined him so small.
I sympathise with someone who said they'd read the books more than once didn't know what the fuck is going on.
Hurin's role has subsumed/merged with Elyas.  :(
Lan, the toughest roughest hardest man in the world has been made a wimp. :o
Egwene, a great beauty. Princes, the most beautiful and gifted of men, they will strive to impress her. She is played by an ugly woman with growths on her nose.

Ah! I was tempted to watch this. Now I'm not.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

My wife got an Apple Mac. This entitled us to 3 months of Apple TV for free. They have done an adaption of the Issac Azimov short stories Foundation. His daughter is involved in the process. As long as you're not a died in the wool purist it's not a bad series. Reasonable script, acting, direction and story-line. Four episodes were directed by Roxan Dawson who played Billana Torres, chief engineer in Star Trek Voyager. I'll give it 7.5 out of 10 at the moment.

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: Tank on September 20, 2023, 02:10:01 PMAs long as you're not a died in the wool purist

QuoteThe expression comes from the fact that fabric can be dyed in a number of ways. The woven fabric may be dyed after it is complete, or the threads may be dyed before they are woven. When a color is "dyed in the wool," the wool itself is dyed before being spun into threads, so the colour is least likely to fade or change.

Tank

The Magic Pudding..

It looks like The Wheel of Time TV series may be ditching Amsodean and giving his role to Logain.
I wonder if the producers are trembling.

The Magic Pudding..

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on September 20, 2023, 01:49:53 PMThe Wheel of Time gets worse and worse
Nah. None of that Amazon stuff is canon. The Wheel of Time is as it always was. That shit be Anti-fan Fiction. :smilenod:

In fact, I propose that it should be referred to as "Amazon's Wheel of Time" with a kazoo playing Ride of the Valkyries out of tune in the background. (Yes, every time one says it)

EDIT: For reference, though this is way too much a work of art for what Amazon's doing;

...Go to 1:15 and there you have it. The sound that must accompany the saying, thinking, writing or otherwise putting in public of "Amazon's Wheel of Time." [audible kazoo sounds]
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding..

Sanderson suggests this a different turn of the wheel than that in the books.

The wolves, Hopper is a cuddly looking little fellow.

They've cut out Tom Bombadil Merrilin.

I think all of the Aes Sedai are impressive, some of the warders.
Lanfear is cool
The Seanchan look cool
The Aiel seem formidable
It still grates that Mat and Perin came from good solid families but toot the Kazoo, let's give them issues.