News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Tank Locked conversation

Started by Question, September 22, 2011, 02:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Tank, not used to the forum just yet and saw a line of questions and answers  under "Game" that I could not respond to or add to....is it due to my newbie status?
Let me know,
Thank  You

Whitney

Quote from: Question on September 22, 2011, 02:58:07 AM
Tank, not used to the forum just yet and saw a line of questions and answers  under "Game" that I could not respond to or add to....is it due to my newbie status?
Let me know,
Thank  You

read the forum rules and your question will be answered ;)

Tank

Quote from: Question on September 22, 2011, 02:58:07 AM
Tank, not used to the forum just yet and saw a line of questions and answers  under "Game" that I could not respond to or add to....is it due to my newbie status?
Let me know,
Thank  You
It's always a good idea to read a forum's rules, as they can differ, for example there isn't a 'no swearing' rule here.

What happened here was that TheouLive posted a controversial topic in the Introduction forum, which is against the rules but it's not a major issue, so I moved the topic to philosophy and left a locked link in introductions so TheouLive could find his post again.

Now the reason you can't post in the 'Game' thread, at the moment, is because you have not reached 10 posts yet. Until you reach your 11th post you are restricted to the area called the "Laid Back Lounge". This restriction is to dissuade people who would join the forum just to post one controversial thread in a serious discussion forum, effectively to 'troll' the forum. So once you have made 10 other posts you can move into the whole forum and post anywhere you like.

I hope that clears things up :)

Personally, at this point, I think TheouLive is a troll. TheouLive spent 13 minutes on the forum, made one post and fucked off. TheouLive either didn't read the rules or did so and ignored them. I don't think TheouLive will be back again, but I may be surprised, if (s)he does come back I don't think it will be to make a positive contribution, but again I may be surprised.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Question

I appreciate the  time you took beyond a reference to the forum rules. I had read them a while back and it just seemed awfully sudden the  handling of the subject and person. Again not used to forums. Thank you

Tank

Quote from: Question on September 22, 2011, 07:31:58 PM
I appreciate the  time you took beyond a reference to the forum rules. I had read them a while back and it just seemed awfully sudden the  handling of the subject and person. Again not used to forums. Thank you
You're welcome.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.