News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Regretting parenthood

Started by Michael Reilly, March 10, 2018, 12:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Quote from: Dragonia on April 03, 2018, 01:00:25 PM
Quote from: philosoraptor on April 03, 2018, 02:31:39 AM
Parenting is a difficult, important job, but it's not for everyone. I wish we could drop this narrative that pushes the idea that people are incomplete or worthless if they don't have kids.

You're so totally right about this. got jumped on so fast be 2 people, before they even knew my thought process. I was called selfish and self-centered.
So, me being young, and unsure of myself, I wondered for the next year if I really was selfish for not wanting kids.
Now I would just tell them to go fuck themselves, but back then I was a different person.

I like you Dragonia. That you grew into a state of mental independence, so as to tell your detractors to commit an impossible physical act....is my kind of lady.   :thumbsup:

Dragonia

^^^*blushing*   Why thank you kind sir.

As far as telling them to commit impossible physical acts, the word "fuck"  is one of my favorites, so I do try to find tasteful ways of inserting it into casual conversation. You know, when appropriate.  ;D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Asmodean

*furiously drawing graphs and flowcharts, pondering possibilities and doing math*

The Asmo, He shall solve the "Fuck yourself" problem, and then... THEN... Fabulously wealthy!  :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

hermes2015

Quote from: Asmodean on April 04, 2018, 09:19:08 AM
*furiously drawing graphs and flowcharts, pondering possibilities and doing math*

The Asmo, He shall solve the "Fuck yourself" problem, and then... THEN... Fabulously wealthy!  :smilenod:

I've seen it done.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Asmodean

Yeah... I'm trying to lay off the Internet for exactly that reason. The things my artificial lens enhanced eyes have seen, which they may never un-see... Yukc!  ;)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Dragonia

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 04, 2018, 09:50:13 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on April 04, 2018, 09:19:08 AM

I've seen it done.

Ha, the only thing that is going through my mind now is the Christian song "I Can Only Imagine". I bet this kind of imagining isn't what the author had in mind as a music video.....
Both of you.... ?? I'm just not even going to ask. I guess that's what the internet is for :o

Asmodean

Quote from: Dragonia on April 04, 2018, 12:39:52 PM
I guess that's what the internet is for :o
Yep.  ;D

(The vid is safe, should any-one wonder. Some swearing, a gif of a banana blowjob and some good comedy)

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Dragonia

^^^  ;D

Why do we do this to ourselves???

Asmodean

The Internet has created demands, which previously were too fringe/niche to supply, be it for profit of monetary kind, fame and glory or just for the lulz. That is an inescapable result of bringing relatively free people together, and, in turn, the inescapable result of that is... Swirling orifices. Hashtag backinmyday...

...Nah, broadly, I don't mind.  ;) 
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Hey, whatever floats your boat. Just as long as you don't dock it in my harbor.

Asmodean

The Asmo, He finds the use of the word "dock" somewhat... Suspect. :headscratch:

In fact, He suspects some sort of an ungodly sodomy reference, is what He does.

...and He approves.  :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

hermes2015

Quote from: Asmodean on April 04, 2018, 10:04:23 AM
Yeah... I'm trying to lay off the Internet for exactly that reason. The things my artificial lens enhanced eyes have seen, which they may never un-see... Yukc!  ;)

Internet?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Asmodean on April 04, 2018, 01:35:29 PM
The Asmo, He finds the use of the word "dock" somewhat... Suspect. :headscratch:

In fact, He suspects some sort of an ungodly sodomy reference, is what He does.

...and He approves.  :smilenod:

It was a rejection of ungodly sodomy.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Asmodean

Hashtag iwouldntevendockyou  :lol:

Well played, sir... Well played!
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Prycejosh1987

Parenthood to me would be a blessing. because helping children support us in life would be great. I wish i could have kids, i can its just my busy work ethic compromises on not having a a family. But i helped my younger siblings grow and form the people they are today. I believe good parenting is a bonding process which we learn and help each other to grow and develop as people and as a family. Its Gods design for families to exist. Nature also has family ethics.