News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

Social Issues and Causes / Re: School murder
Last post by Anne D. - Today at 04:44:08 AM
On "good guys" with guns:
Current Events / Re: Roe vs Wade under fire, ag...
Last post by No one - Today at 03:36:28 AM
I solved the problem.
All the ladies have to do is store guns in their bajingos and the government will leave them alone.

You're welcome.
Media / Re: What are you watching?
Last post by Anne D. - Today at 02:36:30 AM
Quote from: Wolfen on May 27, 2022, 09:29:24 AMSenior Year Netflix
Huge fan of Rebel Wilson, so I liked it.

Oh man, I hadn't heard about this til I read your post. Totally going to be watching that. I love Rebel Wilson too.
Last post by Anne D. - Today at 01:59:05 AM
Quote from: Tom62 on May 27, 2022, 03:56:55 AMI assume that nothing will change again. The conservatives want to protect schools by fortifying them and having armed guards in place. A proposal from Ted Cruz in 2013 however was filibustered by the liberals.

Yes, the right-wing solution is almost always more guns. "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." As ecurb pointed out in his previous comment, the data show more guns = more gun deaths. Who would've thought.

Ted Cruz has now branched out with his proposals. He is advocating for fewer doors as a solution to the school shooting epidemic.

Dan Patrick (Republican TX lt. gov.) has said the answer is for people to "unify in faith" and "unify in prayer."

Quote from: Tom62 on May 27, 2022, 03:56:55 AMUnless both parties start to cooperate together, to tackle the problem, more deaths will follow.

Quote from: Tom62 on May 27, 2022, 03:56:55 AMWhat also needs to be investigated is why more and more men are depressed, feel isolated and are more willing to use violence against others.

Agreed.
Last post by Ecurb Noselrub - May 27, 2022, 10:43:13 PM
From the Uvalde city website: photos of all the victims. Horrific.

https://www.uvaldetx.gov/news_detail_T30_R204.php

Both teachers were female and 14 of the 19 kids were girls.

Last post by Ecurb Noselrub - May 27, 2022, 10:41:02 PM
Ha! I feel bad about laughing in this situation, but there is truth in what you say.
Last post by billy rubin - May 27, 2022, 01:36:03 PM
well, its an ob ject lrsson thst tbe job of the police is to show up late, taser yourmother, shoot your dog, and go on paid administrative leave.
Last post by Ecurb Noselrub - May 27, 2022, 12:28:03 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on May 27, 2022, 10:54:53 AMthe uvalde thing is a mess. the cops dithered outside for an hour while the kid killed everyone, in spite of parents being right there begging them to go in.

doesnt look good for the police so far.

Yes, some dads were begging for guns to go in themselves. This is going to be a mess. I hope Biden's visit can help the community. Glad that Jill is going - she does well in those situations.

Social Issues and Causes / Re: Barbette
Last post by Ecurb Noselrub - May 27, 2022, 12:25:52 PM
Thanks, I will check that out. I love Paris and am planning a trip there next year. We will be staying in Montmartre. The thing that struck me about Barbette's story is how different his life was from the place where he grew up. Round Rock back then was as far away from Paris culturally as it was geographically, yet he thrived in Paris in one of its most exciting times. Still, he came back when he was older and infirm, and is buried here. At the end of life, I suppose "going home" can be comforting. At least you are close to family. My conclusion is that while your roots may be in one place, your fruit and flower may flourish in an entirely different environment.

I will get the book - looking forward to reading it.
Current Events / Re: Roe vs Wade under fire, ag...
Last post by billy rubin - May 27, 2022, 10:57:50 AM
alito said it in the draft, explicitly.

abortion deprives the adpption industry of a supply of babies to market.