News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

I wonder...do I come off as less intelligent or unaware of myself?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

I think I have been having mini-heart-attacks. My chest where my heart is has been cycling through pain for about 5 hours now. Not long after it started, my left arm started going numb and my head hurts. My left arm is still kind of numb.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

I am just hoping you took the advice, Arturo.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Actually I didn't cuz reading that made me extra nervous. Thinking about having a heart attack was enough to also have a panic attack.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on September 22, 2017, 12:28:59 PM
Actually I didn't cuz reading that made me extra nervous. Thinking about having a heart attack was enough to also have a panic attack.

Arturo, it is that fear of, possibly, having things like a cardiac condition or cancer confirmed that actually causes thousands of unecessary deaths - or debilitation later - every year.

That may have been a warning, please do not ignire it. I tried to take action on mine, it was the doctors who ignored it. Because of them I have been in a slow process of deterioration for the past 19 years. Something in my personal nature (genetic and emotional/cognitive) and nurture has allowed me to beat the statistics, but there are still times when walking a hundred yards is a real effort.

Do not take the risk, you almost certainly live with a high level, if in peaks, of stress and not all exercise is good for the heart. I always recall the non-smoking, non-car owning, cycling, swimming, squash playing, gym loving vegetarian at work who also had a heart atrack.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

OldGit

Dave

Brexit is iften on my mind, I'm sgin it.

Listening to May saying that Britain was never really comfortable in the EU (I agree with that) I suddenly thiught about which nations have invaded of been at war with Britain. OK, we sort of volunteered ourselves into a couple and annoyed another nation one a lot but . . .

Arturo

Well the good news is, even though I didn't call 911, I already had a doctor's appointment beforehand. And I already planned to ask for a blood test for my bloood sugar, cholesterol, vitamins, ect.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on September 23, 2017, 07:51:02 AM
Well the good news is, even though I didn't call 911, I already had a doctor's appointment beforehand. And I already planned to ask for a blood test for my bloood sugar, cholesterol, vitamins, ect.
So ask for an ekg as well, Arturo!

Arturo

Quote from: Dave on September 22, 2017, 01:00:16 PM
...you almost certainly live with a high level, if in peaks, of stress...

I'm still trying to figure out what you meant by this...
     Arturo The1  リ壱