What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: No one on February 11, 2020, 04:31:40 AM
Raps 247:
One for hermes2015

hermes2015:
Thank you so much. That certainly made my morning! You know what a rice queen appreciates.

Rice pudding?

Not quite; more on the meaty side  :sidesmile:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rice%20queen
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

No one

Bad Penny II

Quote from: No one on February 12, 2020, 05:48:31 AM

Too many notes, that's crap and rap is crap so why don't you like rap?
Peace, peace, we can all agree to disagree.
Until one of us gets the numbers to demise the others.
Well that goes without saying.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

No one

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Billy you are an enigmatic individual.  Here you are an Appalachian hillbilly, an apparently well educated one....that's a mysterious contradiction.... who gives us the music of Strauss.
You are truly a weird dude.   I respectfully approve of your taste in music. 

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on February 19, 2020, 01:52:54 AM
Billy you are an enigmatic individual.  Here you are an Appalachian hillbilly, an apparently well educated one....that's a mysterious contradiction.... who gives us the music of Strauss.
You are truly a weird dude.   I respectfully approve of your taste in music.

Your comment prompts the question: does one have to be well-educated to appreciate classical music?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

thats an excellent question. i dont think you do.

i got exposed to classical music the way lots of kids did in 5he olden days, in television cartoons.

suppe, prokofiev, rossini, strauss, beethoven . . .

but i can t dance to save my life, so the waltzes are mostly wasted on me

billy rubin

and what about that other strauss guy?

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on February 19, 2020, 04:03:10 AM
and what about that other strauss guy?

Oh, I would rather have an evening of Richard's than either Johann senior or junior's music. Richard Strauss wrote a lot of other exciting music apart from Also Sprach Zarathustra.
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Quote from: hermes2015 link=topic=2626.msg397412#msg397412does one have to be well-educated to appreciate classical music?

No but youz are a bunch of self identifying twats that will be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

You forgot the  :)

Oh, right,   :)

hermes2015

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 19, 2020, 12:13:39 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 link=topic=2626.msg397412#msg397412does one have to be well-educated to appreciate classical music?

No but youz are a bunch of self identifying twats that will be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

I will go down with An die Freude in my head.
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II