Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 19, 2020, 03:30:27 AM
Quote from: Icarus on February 19, 2020, 01:52:54 AM
Billy you are an enigmatic individual.  Here you are an Appalachian hillbilly, an apparently well educated one....that's a mysterious contradiction.... who gives us the music of Strauss.
You are truly a weird dude.   I respectfully approve of your taste in music.

Your comment prompts the question: does one have to be well-educated to appreciate classical music?

I don't think so, but classical (and others without spoken lyrics or singing) makes excellent study music, so perhaps it's a case of educating yourself while listening to it and at the same time learning to appreciate it.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 19, 2020, 12:22:40 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 19, 2020, 12:13:39 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 link=topic=2626.msg397412#msg397412does one have to be well-educated to appreciate classical music?

No but youz are a bunch of self identifying twats that will be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

I will go down with An die Freude in my head.

Or
Old Die's fruit loops
They the best loops
In a breakfast bowl
Old Die's fruit loops
They the best loops
In a breakfast bowl
Old Die's fruit loops
They the best loops
In a breakfast bowl
Why's we doing this
hermes is our friend

They the best loops
In a breakfast bowl
Old Die's fruit loops
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

Quote from: Icarus on February 19, 2020, 01:52:54 AM
Billy you are an enigmatic individual.  Here you are an Appalachian hillbilly, an apparently well educated one....that's a mysterious contradiction.... who gives us the music of Strauss.
You are truly a weird dude.   I respectfully approve of your taste in music.

you know what, icarus?

everybody has a story. most of the difference is in the telling. ive known people with life histories that i just marvel at. i mostly just talk a lot.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Inertialmass

Quote from: billy rubin on February 19, 2020, 04:02:46 PM
i mostly just talk a lot. 

That's a good way of putting it.

Sets up some advance, plausible deniability for the oilfield roustabout impersonating an important petroleum geologist.   ;)

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

That's a great song by Sting.

This video has passed a billion views.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

^^^
That was 1985.
This is another good one from 1984.

Davin

That's a good one.

From 1987, this is one of my favorites.

Davin

Ooooh, one of my brothers linked this to me. I really like it.

Magdalena