News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

These keep sprouting from the ground

Started by xSilverPhinx, April 21, 2021, 02:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

A new statue of Christ is being built, located approximately 140 km from where I live. It's larger than the one in Rio de Janeiro.

Out of all the things worth spending money on, they build...this. At least it wasn't built using public funds, but still...Priorities. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Weird, maybe they need to read the bible.

Quote from: Exod 10: 4-6
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am o jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of then that hate me; and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on April 21, 2021, 06:22:11 PM
Weird, maybe they need to read the bible.

Quote from: Exod 10: 4-6
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am o jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of then that hate me; and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

The statue was mostly funded by a religious organisation. They are known for cherry-picking the Truth :lol: 

Dark Lightning

All the poor and sick who could be helped with that money, time and effort.  >:( It would be nice if lightning struck it and blew the pieces all the way to Asgard. :smilenod:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 22, 2021, 12:28:28 AM
All the poor and sick who could be helped with that money, time and effort.  >:( It would be nice if lightning struck it and blew the pieces all the way to Asgard. :smilenod:

My thoughts exactly! IMO a religious organisation should invest in helping the vulnerable, feeding the poor and building hospitals for the sick, not investing 2 million bucks in a Pharaonic monument.   

billy rubin

i america people pay to build these giantthings alongside the highway

they appear all to be made to a common plan. dunno who is selling the kits

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

No one

Huly buuk logic only applies when the need arises.

Randy

I had a talk just a few years ago with The Salvation Army. Remember this is supposed to be a non-profit organization. Well they did something that definitely doesn't help the poor. She was boasting about how the church used some of that non-profit money to build a hydraulic lift for the stage for the band. It cost in excess of $10,000 USD.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

hi randy

wevemissed you.

i neverhear any theology out of salvationists.

what do they believe?

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.