News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Ass Wednesday

Started by Biggus Dickus, February 15, 2021, 06:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Just a friendly reminder to all of you Heathen Atheists here at HAF that Wednesday, is "Ash Wednesday", and the beginning of Lent, and the six week's of penitence before Easter...so get to church and get your Ashes or else!!!

Truth be told I almost forgot about this myself, but fortunately Sister Agatha (Remember her?!) sent me an email reminding me to get my  ass to church this Wednesday.

She's doing well, as are Father's Flannigan and O'hara, as well as little Billy.

Here's her picture (Now you know why I keep in touch with her) 8)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

If we don't, will Sister Agatha, Father's Flannigan and O'hara, as well as little Billy come back to haunt us? :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 15, 2021, 06:39:06 PM
If we don't, will Sister Agatha, Father's Flannigan and O'hara, as well as little Billy come back to haunt us? :notsure:

Yes they will, along with Sister Eustace, Sister Elizabeth, and Sister Aloysius!! >:(

xSilverPhinx

All these figments of "Sister" Agatha's imagination are just too much to handle. :lol:

Biggus Dickus

Since tomorrow is Ash-Wednesday, today is known as Fat-Tuesday, which means here in the Detroit area it is officially "Paczki Day"!

This is the polish word for a donut. (About 425 calories and 25 grams of fat in each) :puke:

Magdalena

Thanks for the info.
I always forget these things and I tell people, "You have something on your forehead."
They look at me weird.  :snicker:

Anyways, today my man and I are celebrating our 19 year anniversary. For a minute there, I didn't think we were gonna make it.  :argue:
But we did.
Las Guanacas calientes saber ser fiel, por años.  :snooty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

I never understood the reason for the ashes on the forehead although I confess I've never researched it either. Does the ash represent Christ's cremation? I didn't think that was scriptural though.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on February 16, 2021, 07:32:53 PM
Thanks for the info.
I always forget these things and I tell people, "You have something on your forehead."

Anyways, today my man and I are celebrating our 19 year anniversary. For a minute there, I didn't think we were gonna make it.  :argue:
But we did.

19 Years, that's awesome, congratulations Mags!! ;D ;D :daisies:

Zabawne 8) (Polish for that's funny) ;D

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Randy on February 16, 2021, 07:57:42 PM
I never understood the reason for the ashes on the forehead although I confess I've never researched it either. Does the ash represent Christ's cremation? I didn't think that was scriptural though.

The ashes actually come from the Palms burned from the year before celebrations of Palms Sunday...these palms were used to celebrate the beginning of Holy Week.

Then these ashes are used to mark the beginning of Lent (So you have the celebration of the Passion, Death and then the Resurrection of Jesus)

The ashes are placed on the forehead as a sign of repentance from sin, they they usually say the following as they make the sign of the cross with the ashes:  "Remember, man or woman, you are dust and to dust you will return."

I think there is some some scriptural reference, but it's quite vague if I remember...anyway that's what I remember. I hope I did well Sister Agatha! (Probably not, I'm sure I'll get smacked with her wooden pointer) :-X

Icarus

Madalena: Best wishes to you and you man for your 19th.  May you have many more happy returns.

billy rubin

yes

anniversa happy to both of you!

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Magdalena

Thanks, guys.
:grouphug:

We've been celebrating since Feb. 14. :grin:
The party sort of ends today...Or does it?
:eyebrow:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on February 17, 2021, 06:38:43 AM
Thanks, guys.
:grouphug:

We've been celebrating since Feb. 14. :grin:
The party sort of ends today...Or does it?
:eyebrow:

It is Ass-Wednesday :mwah!:

xSilverPhinx

Thanks for the info.

But we did.

Congrats, Mags! :heyhey:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 16, 2021, 08:11:54 PM
Quote from: Randy on February 16, 2021, 07:57:42 PM

The ashes actually come from the Palms burned from the year before celebrations of Palms Sunday...these palms were used to celebrate the beginning of Holy Week.

Then these ashes are used to mark the beginning of Lent (So you have the celebration of the Passion, Death and then the Resurrection of Jesus)

The ashes are placed on the forehead as a sign of repentance from sin, they they usually say the following as they make the sign of the cross with the ashes:  "Remember, man or woman, you are dust and to dust you will return."

I think there is some some scriptural reference, but it's quite vague if I remember...anyway that's what I remember. I hope I did well Sister Agatha! (Probably not, I'm sure I'll get smacked with her wooden pointer) :-X

PB sure knows a lot about Catholic rituals. Methinks all those nuns have had a considerable influence on his life.  ;D :sidesmile: